Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

queenof2802 08-05-2013 08:24 AM

Fall will work too. :)

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6215746)
Does the theme have to be halloween or can it be fall. I don't do halloween.

quiltjoey 08-05-2013 09:53 AM

I will have to wait on the Sept. one as well. I have friends moving out of state, so will be doing a lot of visiting with them. Am going to the mountains for our 52nd wedding anniversary next week for a few days and will be visiting relatives and friends along the way. Will be going to Seabrook Island for a 4 day retreat for sewing on the 22nd. And it's already the 5th of August!!! Whew....

paintmejudy 08-05-2013 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6209519)
Ok PaintmeJudy, here is your Escargot pincushion for our side swap. LOL ... You will get real snail mail. Ha ha ha ... What a cutie it is. This is a pattern from fig tree quilts girls. It has a weighted bottom so it stands up.

Oh my goodness, I am just amazed, overwhelmed and estatic to have Monsieur Escargot living on the shelf in my sewing room. Thank you sooooo much, Red, he is adorable, I absolutely love this pincushion! And thanks again for the side swap. Funny coincidence, too -- we used the same fun fur yarn -- you for his bow, me for your chicken's hair -- just different colors.

I am going to take him to my quilt quild meeting tomorrow to show him off -- I am announcing our cushion swap again and showing off some sample at the meeting and we will swap on the 20th. I know everyone is going to love him.

Old_Rosebud 08-05-2013 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6215456)
great to hear that old rosebud. did you start your Halloween idea yet. how about a hint?

Shew. lynnie - I haven't started one just yet. Have some ideas rolling around the old noggin but nothing has jumped out at me just yet. I didn't hear from one of my partners that she received her PC. Should I show you guys with some pics? ;)

lynnie 08-05-2013 05:48 PM

yes, of course, please do. do you mind if I sit in the front row to watch?

TiltedEars 08-05-2013 06:19 PM

I love pictures...

Old_Rosebud 08-06-2013 02:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well since you gals begged... :D Summer to me means camping. So I made my second partner a camper in blue and yellow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]428610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]428612[/ATTACH]
Seriously though, I know my partner has a chronic health issue and hasn't been on the board in several weeks. I hope she is enjoying her 'glamper' (glamorous camper) and has had a wonderful summer.

lynnie 08-06-2013 06:13 AM

the camper is soooo cute

RedGarnet222 08-06-2013 07:28 AM

Wonderful !! I am so very glad that you got your pin cushion snail, judy. I thought he was pretty darn cute too. I love mine you sent. They are sitting in my sewing area so I see them every morning along with lynnies and quiltermomma's. They are fun and I enjoy seeing them there.

Old rose bud, your camper is very cute!

QuilterMomma 08-06-2013 07:54 AM

Wow, so much action since we exchanged our pcs Red. Getting caught up a bit for a moment then back to the grindstone at work. I am sure Red will remind me of the posting of the new swap in September. That is better for me as well. August has turned into a mad dash to get things out. Which reminds me, back to filling out forms that need to be mailed today.,