Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

RedGarnet222 08-16-2013 02:18 PM

Hi Lynnie,
I am so very glad you like them. The little one came from Debbie Umphries from texas about three years ago as a friendship gift to me. She had bought it in a shop for it had a little tag on it. I never used it and thought maybe you would enjoy it for your collection.

The wrist metal band one came from an old one I had so long I wore it out, but kept it, knowing I would re-do it someday since it was so comfortable to wear I while sewing. I honestly don't know how old it is. 25 years old, maybe more? I know it still looks perfect. They made things to last in those days. I loved the bright green and the orange yo yo flower decoration. It is cuter than my original one for sure. LOL... I hope you don't mind my repurposing it for your gift pc.

Say hello to dottie for me. She is such a sweet and generous lady.

Jamimclaugh 08-17-2013 06:46 AM

I have two great ideas for fall/Halloween pincushions. Is it officially going to be the theme so I know if I can start them?

paintmejudy 08-17-2013 06:47 AM

Lynnie, tell Dotty I said hi, she is a great gal, and so generous as Red said. I always enjoy being in a swap or something with her.

paintmejudy 08-18-2013 03:17 PM

Jamin, I can't find the post, but Tracie said something about fall or Halloween -- I imagine it is something we are able to decide which one we wish to receive, and what our partner wants us to make for them.

Old_Rosebud 08-18-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh (Post 6239066)
I have two great ideas for fall/Halloween pincushions. Is it officially going to be the theme so I know if I can start them?

Jamimclaugh - It's post #312! Then Tracey says on the following page that fall will work too. So I guess it is fall/Halloween theme for sure. Can't wait to get back on the PC wagon. :D

dotcomdtcm 08-20-2013 06:31 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I am a pincushion dropout! Having made dozens, I lost interest in making them. Just love getting them as gifts!
Thrilled to visit with Lynnie and receive 2 beauties. Here you will see the seashell theme, really a soft sculpture, an apple core, and
Lynnie's idea for Halloween. Do you think it is too creepy? Some will, some won't, I guess.
Last, some popsicle pincushions WIP Enjoy!!

RedGarnet222 08-20-2013 07:21 AM

Hi ya dotty! It looks like you got a booty of pincushions there during your visit. How very fun! I hope you girls chatted and played in fabric stores till your hearts content.

paintmejudy 08-20-2013 08:25 AM

Lynnie and Red -- I think Dotty only needs a bit of a push to get back into making pincushions! L -- she is sending you the links you asked about.

dotcomdtcm 08-21-2013 07:26 AM

Suggest you open up your recs to include/permit felted wool!
BTW. I once sent a well-wrapped pincushion w some cute pins to a friend. The post office in Oklahoma called me. Apparently one pin worked itself out & a worker got pricked! Be careful!!

Blue Cat 08-21-2013 02:22 PM

hi dotty, i don't think lynnie's halloween pc is creepy. after all, Halloween isn't noted for cute. :D she made me a beautiful seashell pincushion for a swap. too. i made her a cat in felted wool. i made two others felted birds and they went over quite well. join us again, please. i'd love to see some of your felted work. i'm a beginner and would love to learn more. love, blue cat (laura lee)