Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

Blue Cat 08-21-2013 02:28 PM

paintmejudy, thank you for the wonderful pincushion for our side swap. sucia, my sister, says it is adora-beeul. it is a cat face done all in shades of pink with black eyes and a little embroidery in white. the button nose is pink, too. i love it. thanks, blue cat (laura lee)

paintmejudy 08-21-2013 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Blue Cat's pink kitty. I'm pleased witht he way it turned out. I had saved the pattern from a couple years ago, long before I was making pincushions just because I liked it, thought it might make a cute pattern for an applique on a baby quilt.

JuneBillie 08-21-2013 04:11 PM

Oh that pink cat is so cute.

lynnie 08-22-2013 03:41 PM

HELLO everyone. my computer got a virus on sat and was in the comp. hospital till about 20 min. ago. had to come by and say hi. Dotty and I had a great time. got to meet her daughter Molly. she just got married and has the most beautiful and different engagement ring, (I sold jewelry for 20 + yrs, and thought I saw it all till I met her). she's a quilter too, so I had a great time!!! love all the pc's coming in and I hope you all enjoyed my coffin, ( caskets have 4 sides, coffin 6 sides, used to embroider caskets, not so many coffins.) Can't wait till I get my swap partners name, as you all se, i'm ready to ship. I think ther're so cute!!! have fun all.

RedGarnet222 08-22-2013 05:36 PM

Oh dear lynnie! So sorry your computer was on the blink. But, I am so glad you are back on so quilckly. It sounds like a wonderful time that you girls had. COOL!

I also got to visit with quiltermomma today. We had lunch shopped a quilt store and played in the sewing room here at home for a while. It all went by so fast, but tomorrow is another day. LOL... I sure hope she doesn't show the picture she took of us together. Man I have never seen a worse picture of me!

JuneBillie 08-22-2013 10:37 PM

Sounds like all of you girls had a great time.

lynnie 08-23-2013 07:23 AM

sounds like a lot of fun/
we all have our bad days, don't worry.
wish I was there with you both.

RedGarnet222 08-25-2013 02:23 PM

Turns out that Thursday was the only five hours together. My knee went out and I had to cancel Friday's fun with quiltermomma. I had so much fun with her, I hope she is able to come up again. The smoke from the fires in California made it look like London in a fog here. I felt bad she didn't get to see the best of reno. She is a special lady and I enjoyed our time together.

lynnie 08-27-2013 10:21 AM

feel better with the knee, I know that story, orthoscopic on the right and total replacement on the left.
if you see the post for the next swap, please give me a heads up.

lynnie 08-27-2013 10:24 AM

oh, and a just love that kitty pincushion. maybe i'll be fortunate in the next swap and get one