Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/july-secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t224352.html)

paintmejudy 08-27-2013 11:25 AM

I don't know how many are coming back to this thread, but I want to post this anyway.

I am horrified at the ill manners of three people in my guild. Last week, we had the first pincushion swap that I organized, and about 15 people participated. Not too bad of a turnout. BUT ... one person turned in for the swap a strawberry, like the one I made for this swap. This pincushion had been made by our outgoing president for her outgoing board members. I cherish mine. Evidently, someone else did not. Also, at the Christmas party last year, there was a 3" square wool pincushion with a little flower on top, hand stitched with a blanket stitch and stufffed with crushed walnuts -- it was a party favor at every gal's place, all made by the women who organized and make the dinner for about 60 people. Two of these cushions were turned in for a swap. I could not believe how rude and unthinking they were. The outgoing president and the gal who made some of the felt cushions both were there. I was so upset for them.

Ok, That's it, sorry, I just needed to vent!!!

RedGarnet222 08-27-2013 03:06 PM

Thank you very much for the beautiful beachy pincushion lorijo! I love it and think you did a wonderful job with remembering to include the sea shells too. Yes it was me who collects them! A million thanks.

lynnie 08-27-2013 04:10 PM

oh, please show us the pincushion rd.

now, for those rude people...they don't appriciate great little things in life that give us joy. I treasure all my goodies that my qb friends send me. it takes time and effort, and thought and consideration. what's wrong with these people???? A good part of laziness on their part, "oh, i'll give one away, no one will notice," well, daaaa yeah,everyone noticed your cruel act. they should be prohibited from swaps, and if and when they ask why, let them know. now, do you have any pics for us to get inspiration from???

paintmejudy 08-27-2013 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lynnie -- did you mean me when you wrote now, do you have any pics for us to get inspiration from???
If so, here it is. If not, sorry.

lynnie 08-28-2013 06:59 AM

thank you, looks like your sewing room is overrun by mice an chickies. don't have any mice yet, they are all so cute and inspirational, thanks for sharing with us. any word on the next sign up????
I got one of those lilly pad type of flowers in a swap, what a pretty flower it is!

paintmejudy 08-28-2013 02:16 PM

No, those aren't my sewing room, Lynnie, that was from the swap with my guild. And no, haven't heard any word on the sign ups, at least nothing as of this morning.

lynnie 08-30-2013 07:45 AM

it's Friday, august 30th, anyone hear of the new signup yet

paintmejudy 08-30-2013 08:13 AM

Nope. Really wondering what's up. In fact, she and I did a side swap and mailed her's the same day as 2 others, they responded when they got their cushion but didn't hear from Tracey, and didn't get a cushion from her. Last time I checked, her last posting was on 8/18.

lynnie 08-30-2013 02:45 PM

anyone her anything about the next swap?

RedGarnet222 08-30-2013 03:31 PM

I haven't lynnie. I am wondering what is going on too. I am wondering if she got tired of this swap. ???