Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June-Dec Round Robin (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-dec-round-robin-closed-t45136.html)

Gramakitten 05-24-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
Nope! Not yet, but I asked for it to be sent back as is.
I hope everyone else has gotten theirs back. It has been a year since this whole thing started.

Lisa that is awful. yes I did get mine back, haven;t done anything with it yet. Kathi

dettonlisas 05-24-2011 10:03 AM

This is why I havent participated in any new swaps or RR's. I did a boomerang swap on here last year and still havent gotten back 4 of my blocks! I cant see any point in making this much stuff for people who arent going to follow the rules. I try to do my best and be on time for everything. If I was ever late it was never more than a week. Now we are going on 6 months for the RR and 10 months for the Boom Blocks! I give up!
I have learned my lesson!

Originally Posted by Gramakitten

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
Nope! Not yet, but I asked for it to be sent back as is.
I hope everyone else has gotten theirs back. It has been a year since this whole thing started.

Lisa that is awful. yes I did get mine back, haven;t done anything with it yet. Kathi

MarieM 05-24-2011 04:23 PM

Lisa, I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience. This was the first RR I've done that was mailed to folks I didn't know. I've also participated in one Boomerang exchange that was to be completed on April 15, 2011. There is still one person that I haven't gotten fabric from, not to mention 6 or 7 who haven't returned completed blocks yet. It is frustraing when people aren't only tardy but never complete their commitments. I will think twice before I do another one. Sometimes I think people spend more time on here (and other sites) committing to things then actually doing what they've promised...just my 2 cents.

Gramakitten 05-25-2011 03:36 AM

Please let the admistrators know about this. They will stop them from participating in other swaps. If they don't know they can't fix it.

karielt 07-10-2011 05:31 PM

dettonlisas Should have her quilt by now and I kept in contact with her about it. I received it way late and struggled with matching it then I had my best friends 17 year old son die and I was helping her deal with everything and I was in a bad car wreck. With my daughters help we were able to finish it and send it. Sorry for the problems sometimes life is so unforgiving but I hope dettonlisa can forgive the lateness.

Gramakitten 07-11-2011 11:50 AM

It helps a lot to know the reasons for the lateness. I hope that you are better and life is treating you much kinder. Kathi

Tam...Moo 10-14-2011 05:26 PM

I am so glad that you finally got yours back I still have not received mine. I do know that life happens and hope that someday my top will find its way back to me. I have also not participated in any swaps and I do miss getting these homemade treasures in the Mail so I wish you all the most fun with future swaps and the best in your daily lives.

karielt 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

What is the world I didn't know you hadn't gotten it yet I think Kathy N has it.

Kathy N 10-19-2011 03:49 PM

I don't have any quilts at my house from this round robin.

karielt 10-20-2011 06:37 AM

Sorry Kathy its Imjustme who has it. It sounds like its getting sent the first of NOV.