Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/kisses-hugs-mimisharons-girls-t19575.html)

Harmony 04-30-2009 09:25 AM

Count me in! I'll make 2 sets as well. Terri, PM me your addy.

Let me just say that you folks just blow me away! The tenderness of your hearts and the generosity of your spirits is astonishing. All of you are taking time from your day to help two little girls you don't even know. At times of tragedy we all wish we could do something to help. Well, we CAN! We have a skill that can give true comfort to others, and there's never any hesitation to share that skill. I am so proud to be a part of this group! Y'all ROCK!!!!

tslowery 04-30-2009 09:45 AM

I would say that I will do two sets but I am not so sure of my ability to do the patterm So If someone wants to do the blocks and does not have fabric pm me and I will be glad to donate the fabric for the blocks since I am not sure of my abilities. My heart and prayers go out to sharon and her family. :cry: :cry: :cry:

amma 04-30-2009 10:00 AM

I would be honored to participate!! I will have a set in the mail for Alexis and Victoria Saturday morning.

Thank you for thinking of and organizing this quilt Barb :D :D :D

Thank you for your generous offer Terri to put these quilts together :D :D :D

Barb M 04-30-2009 10:45 AM

Oh this is so wonderful everyone. I got a pm from Sharon, i had asked if the girls already have bed quilts, and if these should just be lap quilts, and she said no, they have blankets on their beds, so she said bed quilts will be wonderful. So i'm thinking we could go with the plan of 5 blocks by 7, which will make it 50 x 70, and then a small border added, if needed. Sharon didnt mention any favourite colours, so i have lots of girly fabrics around here too, so i will make a few sets too. Terri, so kind of you to offer to quilt and label them. Sharon said she would love that so much if the quilts were finished. So why don't i had over the rest of the organizing over to you Terri, so you can have everyone send the blocks to you. Lets all take photos of our blocks, so we know how many are coming in. Maybe we'll have so many blocks it wont need a border, if we get tons of blocks, we could make the blocks 70 x 90, so lets see what we come up with. I love the idea of white, and/or white on white, i think it will be beautiful. Thanks Terri for jumping in on this (((hugs)))

I think i will post on mimisharons thread that there is a new thread over here

MelissaK 04-30-2009 10:46 AM

Could do pillows if there are extra blocks?!?!

amma 04-30-2009 10:54 AM

I would be more than willing to make extra blocks so that these could be bed quilts for the girls, I will change my mailing date till the first of the week. Terri, I am also going to enclose some money to help with backing, batting and shipping :wink:

Chele 04-30-2009 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine are on the way to you Terri. Great pattern Barb. They worked up quickly.

amma 04-30-2009 11:00 AM

Beautiful Blocks Chele :D :D :D

MsSage 04-30-2009 11:20 AM

Let me see if David is going to be in Lubbock Sat and if not I will do atleast a set. If he is, sorry I havent seen him in 2 months but I will send prayers. And maybe try to do one set this week.

Barb M 04-30-2009 11:36 AM

Oh Chele, your blocks are gorgeous!!!!!!! :)