Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t178942.html)

Judith1005 03-28-2012 06:26 AM

Wow, this has been a steller month of doll quilts. I haven't commented much(trying to get the ufo's caught up, so i can start new ones, lol), but I am truly enjoying ALL the beautiful doll quilts that have come in. I have loved all of them. Thank you for sharing your talent, and ideas with me. I am truly blessed to be part of this swap and site. I am so looking forward to next month. WOW again!! 60 players. Next month will be so exciting again.

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-28-2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC (Post 5093425)
I just have to finish the binding this evening and mine will be in the post tomorrow to mdmsewnsew

Aaack! After the third time putting the needle through my finger last night, I put the DQ down, just couldn't find my thimble, and was in too much of a hurry to finish it ... will finish it tonight and put into mail tomorrow - have to get it done and out, I can't sign up for next month if I'm not done with this month's, trying to not make myself super crazy ... not that I'm too far from it anyway.:D

Krystyna 03-28-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew (Post 5096842)
Aaack! After the third time putting the needle through my finger last night, I put the DQ down, just couldn't find my thimble, and was in too much of a hurry to finish it ... will finish it tonight and put into mail tomorrow - have to get it done and out, I can't sign up for next month if I'm not done with this month's, trying to not make myself super crazy ... not that I'm too far from it anyway.:D

YIKES!!! You ladies are going to scare me away from quilting! You can sign up ... but please! We don't want one of your two colors to be RED!!!

QuilterMomma 03-28-2012 08:41 AM

I am slow this month. I, like Judith, have been working on UFOs that I put this aside and now I am down to the wire. I have signed up for April. I have not heard from QuiltyLoise all month so I hope she is ok. I am using the embroidery machine again this month. I know it is something she does not have a lot of in her collection. It should go out by Friday in the mail if I stay on track. Doing class samples as well so still busy. There have been some real pretty ones for sure and I love all the ones I have received in the past.

Krystyna 03-28-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5097009)
I am slow this month. I, like Judith, have been working on UFOs that I put this aside and now I am down to the wire. I have signed up for April. I have not heard from QuiltyLoise all month so I hope she is ok. I am using the embroidery machine again this month. I know it is something she does not have a lot of in her collection. It should go out by Friday in the mail if I stay on track. Doing class samples as well so still busy. There have been some real pretty ones for sure and I love all the ones I have received in the past.

I just sent her a PM. Are you sure you PM'd the correct person? Her ID is Quilty-Louise. She posts on the board every day, so I hope you'll get in touch!

Chele 03-28-2012 09:52 AM

Look at this gorgeous quilt!

2 Attachment(s)
Cuppy outdid herself on this beauty. Lovely spring fabrics in classic colors. I hope you can see the beautiful hand quilting. This baby is a work of art! Thanks again cuppy!

It's been such a treat to be "one of the gang" while Krystyna handled the coordination. I feel like I'm on vacation! The quilts have been fun as usual. Thank you Krystyna for keeping the swap alive and well and thanks to all who swap. This really is the best swap!

Chele

QuilterMomma 03-28-2012 10:09 AM

That looks wonderful. Not sure which boquet of flowers I like better.

nancia 03-28-2012 11:30 AM

wow! i'm going to have to step up my game ! these quilts are wonderful!!
i'm off to the store to find 2 colors i like. wish me luck!!

QuiltingKrazy 03-28-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5097417)
wow! i'm going to have to step up my game !

ME TOO! geesh all the wonderful talented ladies just make me want to keep improving and working hard
to get better each day! Got to to keep up with this bunch!

Krystyna 03-28-2012 11:50 AM

Nancia and QuiltingKrazy, that's why I love this swap in particular. You can try new techniques on a small scale and keep improving your skill set. And my personal skill set needs a LOT of improving!