Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t178942.html)

Krystyna 03-29-2012 05:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The little quilt I sent to Monique was the first hexagon I've made and after cutting out the shapes from a strip I had all sorts of little equilateral triangles left over. I decided to piece them into a binding, but, of course, nothing ends up as planned and mitering the corners was proving to be difficult. So ... no corners! Since I have a bunch of hexs left over, I'm piecing another little quilt from them ... and will play with the triangles again. Any ideas? Here's a photo of the corner - which she kindly left out!

jillnjo 03-29-2012 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5098397)
Immemother - Kirsty - received her doll quilt from me yesterday. It got to Australia pretty fast, just a little over a week. Her camera is acting up so she asked me to post a pix for her. I can't wait to see what she made for me. Wish it would get here....maybe tomorrow.

What a beautiful and "springy" little quilt! The border fabric is so pretty, too!
I am amazed over and over at all our adorable small quilts!

jillnjo 03-29-2012 05:20 AM

Krystyna, I love the hexagons and the quilting you done on your mini! As far as the corners go, I think you might have started a new trend! :)-I love your freedom to create! Keep on trying those mitered corners, they really are not so hard, just seem scary!

Krystyna 03-29-2012 05:24 AM

Jilnjo, not scared of mitering, but those pesky little triangles just weren't coming together correctly at the corners! Next time I will try to center them so the point goes out. But how???

Dragonfly Nana 03-29-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 5098530)
The first rule of quilting: DON'T BLEED ON THE QUILT! (Bleed on anything else, but NOT the QUILT!)

Strangely enough, the quilts that I have made my self bleed while working on seem to be the ones that have the most appreciative receiptants.

Dragonfly Nana 03-29-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5099016)
Jilnjo, not scared of mitering, but those pesky little triangles just weren't coming together correctly at the corners! Next time I will try to center them so the point goes out. But how???

Very cool idea Krystyna to use them in the borders. If you were trying to use them as the corners your problem was with the degree of the angle you needed to cut the strips to match the triangles. (I know - quilt math is a pain)

I love the "no corners" and as jillnjo said - this may be a new trend!

Tulip 03-29-2012 07:17 AM

Krystyna: Beautiful, Beautiful DQ! I love the colors and the quilting!
Skaduzy: What a precious DQ, again the colors are outstanding!
I can't wait for April........

scrappy fay1 03-29-2012 08:09 AM

All the quilts are amazing!!!!!

sammygirlqt 03-29-2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost (Post 5098530)
The first rule of quilting: DON'T BLEED ON THE QUILT! (Bleed on anything else, but NOT the QUILT!)

Yes Leslie, I did not bleed on the quilt LOL but everywhere else!

sammygirlqt 03-29-2012 11:45 AM

Today I can relax and look at all the beautiful quilts posted and they are all just WOW! I can't pick a favorite because they all are. I just want to compliment each and everyone who takes part in the DQ Swap. The quilts are always so great.