Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2012-doll-quilt-swap-t178942.html)

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-31-2012 10:04 AM

I put LindaC's DQ in the mail yesterday, and she sent mine today - it will be interesting to see which mail service is faster, from Ireland or from NY - but at least mine was done in time for me to sign up for April's swap. I can hardly wait to start sewing on this one, I have it all ready to go.

almond 03-31-2012 02:22 PM

Rec'd My 1st DQ

1 Attachment(s)
I just came from the mailbox and I rec'd my 1st DQ. It's an Angel quilt sent by L. Dugas. It so beautiful, I had to cry when I saw it. Thanks, It is so exciting. I hope I get this excited every month.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]324168[/ATTACH]

Lynnie25 03-31-2012 02:38 PM

Quiltingkrazy, so happy you loved the quilt and that little Tas Devil won't bite unlike the real one :)

Wow, love the 'spring' quilts coming in, those 3D flowers are amazing. Great work everyone - who needs a quilt show when we can see such beauties right here each month

Robin, my thoughts are with you, hope the treatments are successful.

This swap sure makes us stretch our imagination and boundaries in what we can accomplish each month - I love that I can try out new techniques on a small quilt (and if it doesn't work out, I don't feel guilty about tossing it)

Krystyna 03-31-2012 06:09 PM

Almond, what an adorable quilt you received from your angel.

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:06 PM

Love this. Did a great job. Real nice.

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5098397)
Immemother - Kirsty - received her doll quilt from me yesterday. It got to Australia pretty fast, just a little over a week. Her camera is acting up so she asked me to post a pix for her. I can't wait to see what she made for me. Wish it would get here....maybe tomorrow.

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:10 PM

Love the Blues and yellows. Great Good job.

Originally Posted by Chele (Post 5097188)
Cuppy outdid herself on this beauty. Lovely spring fabrics in classic colors. I hope you can see the beautiful hand quilting. This baby is a work of art! Thanks again cuppy!

It's been such a treat to be "one of the gang" while Krystyna handled the coordination. I feel like I'm on vacation! The quilts have been fun as usual. Thank you Krystyna for keeping the swap alive and well and thanks to all who swap. This really is the best swap!

Chele

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:13 PM

I have not been on here lately and I miss the sign up date. I thought it was the last day of month. See you next month.
:( :( :( :(

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:14 PM

There are allot of talent in this Doll Swap. Keep the good work up.

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:17 PM

I love Cats. This is go cute. Great work. It's seem like almost all quilters has Cats.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5094503)
Here is the Doll Quilt I made and sent to eagleoneowl2u2. This is my first time making a DQ. [ATTACH=CONFIG]323155[/ATTACH]

uniquedesigner 03-31-2012 08:20 PM

The Doll Quilts gets better and better. Your Rooster is nice. Great Job.

Originally Posted by almond (Post 5094292)
This is the DQ I sent to Boop56. I have not heard from her and sent it out a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping all is well with her.

I was born and raised on a chicken farm in Iowa, so I chose this for my theme for my 1st DQ.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323126[/ATTACH]