Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-2014-pincushion-needle-case-swap-%7E-sign-up-closes-march-1st-t241867.html)

lawsonmugs 03-15-2014 11:34 AM

I forgot to say a 5"x7" plain bubble lined envelope was only a little over $5 to send. To send a small box is about $25. That is why it was sent like it was and no candy surprises.

fabric lover 03-15-2014 12:12 PM

You're so right, postage has gone ' through the roof'. I love the extra's you send instead of candy, I would have to hide that for the time being anyway LOL.
Thank for posting the picture of the finished PC.

fabric lover 03-15-2014 12:15 PM

And because postage is so expensive I'm esp. thankful that several ladies are willing to swap with us 'living across the big pond' :-)

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6627924)
Fabric lover (Dya) you are very welcome. Dya lives in the neitherlands and so postage is very high. I offered to be her swap partner for a pin cushion and send the pin cushion unstuffed so it would go cheaper and she could have fun with us. I am posting pictures of what it will look like stuffed and of the one I sent her. She has been sick and I hope she is doing well now.Have a good weekend everybody. The bottom picture is the unstuffed one I sent her.

nhnative 03-15-2014 01:43 PM

Mary both of your pincushions are too cute. Dya I hope that you are getting better

lynnie 03-15-2014 04:02 PM

I wish I could, but with tracking and special shipping containers mine are over $7-8 each.

No pictures of pc or nc tomorrow, maybe some flower pictures instead. that would be nice.

lynnie 03-15-2014 04:05 PM

Susan, I check my mail every day, sometimes twice when i'm expecting things.

lawsonmugs 03-15-2014 04:37 PM

Lynnie, there is no express mail to netherlands. You get a customs number from the tag you fill out. That is how it has been for all international mail I have sent. You have to watch the weight and size.I also checked my mail today and got nothing.....no bills even. Not complaining just disappointed after going all the way down the long driveway to the road where my mailbox is. I still have one pin cushion coming. I love this swap. It's starting to green up and I noticed my lilacs have leaf buds. Spring is just around the corner. Yeah...Maybe we can get some spring pictures on here tomorrow,since there is no mail.See ya all tomorrow. hugs Mary

ljdugas31 03-15-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6627924)
Fabric lover (Dya) you are very welcome. Dya lives in the neitherlands and so postage is very high. I offered to be her swap partner for a pin cushion and send the pin cushion unstuffed so it would go cheaper and she could have fun with us. I am posting pictures of what it will look like stuffed and of the one I sent her. She has been sick and I hope she is doing well now.Have a good weekend everybody. The bottom picture is the unstuffed one I sent her.

I love that fabric,such a cute pc!!!!

fabric lover 03-16-2014 03:36 AM

Lynnie, the pincushion I've seen from you would be very expensive, because they are too bulky to send in an envelop. But they are fantastic and I'll just go on enjoying the pictures LOL.
That's why both my partner and I send 'unstuffed' PC's, that way the costs won't be sky high, but still more expensive then sending to a partner in the US.
And it's the reason I don't participate in the SP swap each month. That way I still can join in the fun without going broke LOL.

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6628266)
I wish I could, but with tracking and special shipping containers mine are over $7-8 each.

No pictures of pc or nc tomorrow, maybe some flower pictures instead. that would be nice.

nhnative 03-16-2014 06:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are my flowers from last May. Some stalks are there and I hope I get more this year