Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

Janice McC 01-14-2017 01:52 PM

FYI, all F8s for this group have come in. Woo hoo! Great job everyone. I will mail out the F8s on Tuesday to those who are only in this group and have sent me your return shipping. Those who are in both groups, please head over to the April thread for the update. Thanks!

Also, Marija and everyone else, the choice of which block to make is yours, not the fabric owners. While sometimes block requests sneak under my radar, it's really not part of this swap for the fabric owner to determine that as well as what colors to use. Please, everyone, please make the blocks that you want to make. :)

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7740916)
I only have about 12 fat quarters of kaffe, what blocks did you have in mind?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present." Eleanor Roosevelt

Kassaundra 01-14-2017 02:05 PM

I may be miss understanding something but I think Quilter momma was saying she is sending Kaffee fabrics, not requesting that you use Kaffee fabrics exclusively in making her blocks. And she is asking that no white or black fabric be used

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7740916)
I only have about 12 fat quarters of kaffe, what blocks did you have in mind?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift; that's why they call it the present." Eleanor Roosevelt

marietta 01-14-2017 05:56 PM

Forgive me, But marija are you not in the April 3 month group?
I mean you could be in the March 2 month group But your name isn't listed with the others.
Am I missing something?

Janice McC 01-14-2017 07:22 PM

Thank you, Marietta. Marija, you ARE in the 3 month group named April. You should be posting to the following thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t284947.html. It's very easy to get confused as many names are the same. Head on over to April for news on your group. Thanks!

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7741158)
I mean you could be in the March 2 month group But your name isn't listed with the others.
Am I missing something?

Libster 01-15-2017 01:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm bored so I've made myself some blocks.

terriamn 01-15-2017 02:00 PM

Great blocks Libster

jlt37869 01-15-2017 03:29 PM

Nice blocks, Libster! I don't think of myself as an orange person, but I really like your fabric and already know what I am doing for you. Are making this quilt for anyone in particular?

marija 01-15-2017 03:56 PM

Yes, I'm in the April 3 mo. group Marietta.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7741158)
Am I missing something?

Libster 01-15-2017 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by jlt37869 (Post 7741792)
Nice blocks, Libster! I don't think of myself as an orange person, but I really like your fabric and already know what I am doing for you. Are making this quilt for anyone in particular?

Thanks for asking. Yes, this one will be for my 30 year old granddaughter. She requested this fabric. She's my "Sara-Wild Child". She's the mom of my great-granddaughter. I made her a purple and yellow pinwheel flower quilt when she was a young teenager, I do believe she's outgrown it now. She doesn't often ask me for something, so I'm looking forward to making this one for her. I love seeing her face light up when she's happy.

jlt37869 01-15-2017 06:56 PM

Oh, that's right. You mentioned that it was for her previously. I'm sure she'll cherish it. I'm planning to use a tone on tone off white/cream and a solid (matching) orange along with your print. Unless you'd prefer a tonal orange. I don't have one on hand, but it would be a good excuse to hit the blender wall at the quilt shop.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7741845)
Thanks for asking. Yes, this one will be for my 30 year old granddaughter. She requested this fabric. She's my "Sara-Wild Child". She's the mom of my great-granddaughter. I made her a purple and yellow pinwheel flower quilt when she was a young teenager, I do believe she's outgrown it now. She doesn't often ask me for something, so I'm looking forward to making this one for her. I love seeing her face light up when she's happy.