Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

sewbizgirl 01-17-2017 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7743366)
Can't wait to receive the swaps. Being my first time sounds like fun. I have plenty of fabric as I work at the Joann's Fabrics here in Pawtucket and when the shipment comes in I m always the first to check out the fabric lol

Ah... employee discounts! Watch out. :shock:

jlt37869 01-17-2017 05:41 PM

Nice blocks, sewbizgirl. Not exactly sure what I'm doing with yours, yet. But thinking about using solid red and solid Kona black. Unless, you'd rather us not use black?!?! Does your son in law know you're making him a quilt or will it be a surprise? Either way, I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;7743376]While I'm waiting fonlr swap fabrics I played a little bit with some blocks for my own quilt. Here are two I've done:

bootsy 01-17-2017 06:14 PM

Got that right always have my discount card ready I have enough to start my own Joann's lol Sometimes I don't get any fabric just cause I have so much here already but I am always looking for more.:D

sewbizgirl 01-17-2017 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by jlt37869 (Post 7743496)
Nice blocks, sewbizgirl. Not exactly sure what I'm doing with yours, yet. But thinking about using solid red and solid Kona black. Unless, you'd rather us not use black?!?! Does your son in law know you're making him a quilt or will it be a surprise? Either way, I'm sure he'll be thrilled.

I'm asking for the red, the gray, or the black in the print... anything but white because I will sash it in white. No, my son in law has no clue this quilt is in the works for him. He's going to be so surprised! His birthday isn't til Oct., so I'll have it ready in plenty of time for him. Thanks!

sewbizgirl 01-17-2017 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7743513)
Got that right always have my discount card ready I have enough to start my own Joann's lol Sometimes I don't get any fabric just cause I have so much here already but I am always looking for more.:D

I think that's a common illness among us! :D

bootsy 01-17-2017 06:31 PM

Your fabric is beautiful. I have just the right solid color to match can't wait to make it for you

sewbizgirl 01-17-2017 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7743526)
Your fabric is beautiful. I have just the right solid color to match can't wait to make it for you

Thanks bootsy. You are going to have so much fun with this swap. This is only my second swap, and last time I only joined one group. I was so excited that I ROARED through all my blocks in like 2 weeks... and then had to just sit on my hands while the rest of group(s) kept making theirs. So, pace yourself! :D

terriamn 01-18-2017 04:48 AM

Great looking blocks showbiz, going to have to think on your fabric a bit more

terriamn 01-18-2017 04:53 AM

I have The top of the quilt finished for baby Liam, hoping to glue baste the 3 layers together today and quilt it tomorrow. Will need to finish it when we get back from vacation before starting the boom blocks.

bootsy 01-18-2017 05:03 AM

Not going to be easy. I am like you gun ho!! I am dying to get yours done just to see how beautiful it will be.:sew: