Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

sewbizgirl 01-28-2017 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7751846)
sewbiz thanks for the hashtag block is the yellow gold a grunge fabric?

No, but it's similar. I've had it since way before "grunge" was a thing, LOL. :D

terriamn 01-28-2017 10:25 PM

It looks great with the fabric, thanks so much.

Janice McC 01-29-2017 08:40 AM

I'm back online this am so good morning. Great blocks, everyone! Ive added most of them to the gallery. More later!

sewbizgirl 01-29-2017 09:25 AM

Hi Janice... was looking at our beautiful blocks in the gallery and found a mistake. Libster's flower basket block was not made by me.

The gallery is filling up and looks awesome! It's great to be able to see all the other blocks made for each of the quilts before we decide what make, ourselves. Thanks!

Janice McC 01-29-2017 09:41 AM

Oops. I'll fix that shortly. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7752198)
Hi Janice... was looking at our beautiful blocks in the gallery and found a mistake. Libster's flower basket block was not made by me.

The gallery is filling up and looks awesome! It's great to be able to see all the other blocks made for each of the quilts before we decide what make, ourselves. Thanks!

joanelizbay 01-29-2017 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a problem. I ordered a bolt of white on white fabric. When I got it I thought, hmmmm thats not very "white" now when Im making blocks Im wondering if its more of an ivory...Or maybe its just the way its made..Would you all consider this a WOW??? I put it next to a bright white WOW and not sure it shows too well in the photo. I sure dont want to use it as WOW and have someone say I didnt follow color request. I paid for WOW...but Im not sure thats what I got!! HELP!!

Janice McC 01-29-2017 10:48 AM

Well, Joanelizbay, I do see the difference in the "whites" but there is more than one shade of white. I already put enough pressure on you all to follow requests that regulating a specific shade of white is just not something I'm going to do. If anyone has any issues with it, I suggest they speak up since Joanelizbay is asking! Boomers? What say you?

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7752231)
I have a problem. I ordered a bolt of white on white fabric. When I got it I thought, hmmmm thats not very "white" now when Im making blocks Im wondering if its more of an ivory...Or maybe its just the way its made..Would you all consider this a WOW??? I put it next to a bright white WOW and not sure it shows too well in the photo. I sure dont want to use it as WOW and have someone say I didnt follow color request. I paid for WOW...but Im not sure thats what I got!! HELP!!

Janice McC 01-29-2017 10:50 AM

It was NanaKathy's basket block. Pretty one, too!

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7752212)
Oops. I'll fix that shortly. Thanks for letting me know. :)

sewbizgirl 01-29-2017 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7752272)
Well, Joanelizbay, I do see the difference in the "whites" but there is more than one shade of white. I already put enough pressure on you all to follow requests that regulating a specific shade of white is just not something I'm going to do. If anyone has any issues with it, I suggest they speak up since Joanelizbay is asking! Boomers? What say you?

I say it's fine...

sewbizgirl 01-29-2017 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a drunkard's path block for LJDugas,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567039[/ATTACH]

And a CHICKEN for Jaba! LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567040[/ATTACH]