Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

Janice McC 02-03-2017 05:24 AM

Sometimes we're very hard on ourselves. I think it's a beautiful block but it's what you think that matters. :)

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7755738)
The more I looked at MonaGs orange block I made the more dissatisfied I was so I asked her if she would like another one. Finished this so she will get an extra from me :)

terriamn 02-03-2017 05:58 AM

Joan and all2 pieces very pretty blocks.

6:30 this morning clinic called to cancel my physical, doc was sick. Hate phone ringing when I'm sleeping, always think oh no what's happened to who.

joanelizbay 02-03-2017 07:07 AM

The orange in the outside corners just wasn't bright enough..if she can use both, great!! I like the purple and orange together once I got over the ewwww....

GramE 02-03-2017 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7755979)
Joan and all2 pieces very pretty blocks.

6:30 this morning clinic called to cancel my physical, doc was sick. Hate phone ringing when I'm sleeping, always think oh no what's happened to who.

6:30?! Wow what a wake up call. No sleep after that. And I'm with you about the oh, no part!

terriamn 02-03-2017 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Second block for all2pieces

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567400[/ATTACH]

terriamn 02-03-2017 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No idea on why my pictures are all different sizes but going with the smallest size till dh can check it out

this is for Lister hope your granddaughter likes it "Aunt "Dinah"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567401[/ATTACH]

Libster 02-03-2017 01:06 PM

Oh, I know she will, Terri. She's so looking forward to getting this quilt.

sewbizgirl 02-03-2017 01:17 PM

Very pretty blocks, Terri...

Libster, are you showing your granddaughter the blocks as they are posted, or is this going to be a total surprise?

Yesterday I spent all my sewing time cutting up scraps... mostly scraps of my I Spy fabrics. I had so much! And so much already cut into different size strips and squares, a la Bonnie Hunter (scrap saver system). It's so time consuming... really the best way to deal with scraps is just to give them to someone else! :D Now I need to make some scrappy quilts.

Libster 02-03-2017 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7756272)
Very pretty blocks, Terri...

Libster, are you showing your granddaughter the blocks as they are posted, or is this going to be a total surprise?

Yesterday I spent all my sewing time cutting up scraps... mostly scraps of my I Spy fabrics. I had so much! And so much already cut into different size strips and squares, a la Bonnie Hunter (scrap saver system). It's so time consuming... really the best way to deal with scraps is just to give them to someone else! :D Now I need to make some scrappy quilts.

I've shown her the blocks in the gallery a couple of times now. I think that's why she's so excited about this quilt. She 30 years old and a mom, but she's like a little kid waiting for Christmas. I love that in her.

terriamn 02-03-2017 03:38 PM

Is there a disease or syndrome where a triangle goes one way and you add a square but you see everything in reverse. I have to quit trying to do these kind of blocks, I must turn and sew them upside down and inside out and anything else you could do wrong.