Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

All2Pieces 02-03-2017 08:45 PM

Thank you. That "housewife" block came from Quilterscache.com and is very pretty. I am thinking about using it for a couple of other blocks in the swaps.

ljdugas31 02-03-2017 09:50 PM

all2pieaces I love my block!!!This boom has so many beautiful fabrics

Janice McC 02-04-2017 05:47 AM

My goodness, A2P, this is beautiful!

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7756578)
ljdugas - your fabric is very nice. Here's a "Housewife" block for your collection. The roses with pink and white looks so very feminine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567427[/ATTACH]

terriamn 02-04-2017 06:02 AM

No I wasn't being funny, sure I do the dumb mistakes of turning squares and triangles wrong but I mean where I really can't figure out how the pieces go. Will post block I made for letsew, the corner pieces on the two squares in the bottom half of square just about drove me to tears.

Kassaundra 02-04-2017 06:05 AM

If this is something new or different for you, you should see a neurologist.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7756770)
No I wasn't being funny, sure I do the dumb mistakes of turning squares and triangles wrong but I mean where I really can't figure out how the pieces go. Will post block I made for letsew, the corner pieces on the two squares in the bottom half of square just about drove me to tears.

terriamn 02-04-2017 07:28 AM

Kass I don't think it's anything new. Think in the past I just avoided blocks like this knowing it would be a problem. Now with trying to branch out the patterns seem totally doable until I am actually trying to put them together. Maybe I'll try cutting out the pieces again and see what dh sees and compare it to what I see.

Kassaundra 02-04-2017 07:34 AM

I will draw out a quick line drawing of the block and put it beside what I am working on as a constant "comparison" it helps me to keep things straight.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7756857)
Kass I don't think it's anything new. Think in the past I just avoided blocks like this knowing it would be a problem. Now with trying to branch out the patterns seem totally doable until I am actually trying to put them together. Maybe I'll try cutting out the pieces again and see what dh sees and compare it to what I see.

sewbizgirl 02-04-2017 07:50 AM

I lay out the pieces as they should go on the table beside me, and then only pick up two at a time to sew together. Then I put them back in place on the table... until all are connected. Quilting can be hard! And some of these blocks are complicated. I do love the 'puzzle' of it, tho.

joanelizbay 02-04-2017 09:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got 4 blocks done for the March group. 2 for sewbiz and one more for JLT and Linda Dugas. I think I have 8 more to make. Im having a lot of doubts about LStews fabric :)

terriamn 02-04-2017 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So if you look at the bottom where the 4 triangles come togther, that is what I have so much difficulty seeing how to piece. When I have finished the March blocks will really sit down and take a look at it. For now I think I will need to d aw out the block full size and Kay the pieces on it. Sewbiz I do try to it your way but when triangles are sewn together they aren't the same as in pucture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567458[/ATTACH]