Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-boom-18-a-t284946.html)

bootsy 02-05-2017 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7757353)
Bootsy - Here's one for you. another "housewife" block. I'm not entirely happy with it so I may try to make another type of block in a different colorway. Hope you can use it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567536[/ATTACH]

Hi This block will do just fine. It will match with other blocks I have as the colors are ok with others that I have.

Thank you for asking

All2Pieces 02-05-2017 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks bootsy.
JLT37869 - This Flower Basket is my second block for you. Your fabric and directions just called out for this pattern. I love this block, but it doesn't love me. This pattern fights me all the way. I hope you enjoy it. Maybe you can use the white space under the basket as part of a label or embroider the year or something.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567574[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 02-05-2017 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7757626)
Jinny Beyer may be a good site for ideas, but be very careful to verify the scale/test square when printing off the designs for paper pieced. Actually, all things I've printed from the web have been a little off. Her site is the one that throws me the most, though.

AGREED... It's why they give an inch (or two inch) scale on every pattern. I sometimes have to print 5 times to zero in on the right scale... usually something like 105%.

It's the McCall's site that gives me the most trouble. I just don't like their construction methods, such as cutting weird size squares so you can slice them once or twice diagonally to get the pieces you need. I'd rather know the dimensions of the finished pieces and use a triangle ruler to get them. It's much more accurate. So I make my own construction techniques of their blocks.

Usually working backwards from a picture is the best method for me.

Kassaundra 02-05-2017 01:42 PM

The current block I am working on I am working backwards from a picture, plus adding fussy cutting sections into previously whole pieces, w/ odd shapes and sizes. It is giving me a headache but in the words of Mr. Tim Gunn, I am making it work! lol

joanelizbay 02-05-2017 01:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
After working with a McCall pattern today I agree about them giving me trouble!! Ugh...here are 4 more blocks done. Got 4 more to go.

terriamn 02-05-2017 02:11 PM

Thanks for my fun blocks Joan

jlt37869 02-05-2017 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dutchman's Puzzle for Joanelizbay.

jlt37869 02-05-2017 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7757823)
Thanks bootsy.
JLT37869 - This Flower Basket is my second block for you. Your fabric and directions just called out for this pattern. I love this block, but it doesn't love me. This pattern fights me all the way. I hope you enjoy it. Maybe you can use the white space under the basket as part of a label or embroider the year or something.

I love it and the white fabric ,,, such a pretty block!!! Thank you so much!

Still need to figure out what I'm doing with your Capricorn fabric ,,, decisions, decisions.

Janice McC 02-05-2017 04:45 PM

Joanelizbay, whose block is the first one, the pink?

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7757924)
After working with a McCall pattern today I agree about them giving me trouble!! Ugh...here are 4 more blocks done. Got 4 more to go.

sewbizgirl 02-05-2017 05:55 PM

Love today's blocks, ladies! Thanks for the pictures. :o