Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t261647.html)

ube quilting 03-20-2015 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Echo is a wonderful inspector. What kind of parrot is Echo?

Are you going to take whole binding off? I think that is the only way it will work if you want to re do it. A slightly longer binding will be needed too, I think, to take up the fabric in the miter, when you get started. Quilt is real cool though with all the fancy stitch work.:D

I have 5" of spring to shovel so far!:D

View through a bedroom window
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514255[/ATTACH]
peace

MarionsQuilts 03-20-2015 02:15 PM

Ube, Echo is a Timneh African Grey (they also have the congo - which has a bright red tail) Echo has a dark maroon tail, and is a bit smaller than the other type of grey.

She's almost 16 and quite the talker LOL ... we share space - sometimes grudgingly LOL

Yes, I just took the whole thing off and I'm going to the border like I normally would on a quilt, and then follow then instructions on video. I tried to do something different thinking it would work .. and it did NOT!!!!

On the plus side, with the really firm stabilizer in it, it will hang nicely as a wallhanging!

Yes, I have about 2 feet of snow in my front and back yard still .. NOT a happy camper!

JNCT14 03-20-2015 02:50 PM

Marion that wall hanging is lovely and your assistant is terrific. My mom had an African grey but he wasn't as tame. Ube - we have snow too. My poor witch hazel is desperately trying to bloom. This is ridiculous.
I have the back of my WH done and I am laying out the front. Do you guys want....pics?....or hints?... :)

ube quilting 03-20-2015 03:09 PM

I want , you know what i want.:D

Kassaundra 03-20-2015 03:40 PM

Hints, pictures, ..............., we want it ALL! lol lol lol

MarionsQuilts 03-21-2015 04:21 AM

Greys are special creatures for sure!!!! She loves me, and NO ONE else!!!!

We want pics, pics and more pics!!!

It's FREAKING snowing today ...

JNCT14 03-21-2015 06:16 AM

Ok ok. Will post pics this afternoon. ....

MarionsQuilts 03-21-2015 09:01 AM

OK I'm getting ticked off! LOL I just did the whole binding thing then realized that I was supposed to put my raw edge of the binding on the front and then sew it on the back??

I've never done that ... have I been binding my quilts wrong all these years?

When I bind my quilts with mitered corners, I always sew the binding, raw edge, on the back of the quilt then turn it over and quilt it on the top ... am I weird? wrong??

lynnie 03-21-2015 10:53 AM

Marion, we got 6 inches yesterday, snowed for 12 hrs here. looked like a blizzard!!
it's sunny today and warm, so the snow is melting. It's 40 ish right now.

JNCT14 03-21-2015 02:04 PM

Marion I do it either way. It depends on how much I want the binding to show. If I want a narrow binding I sew to the back, if I want the binding to act as a narrow border I sew to the front. If you like it, don't worry about it.