Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t261647.html)

MarionsQuilts 03-22-2015 12:05 PM

Lynnie, I've redone the border 5 times trying the inside angles video, and simply gave up.

JNCT14 - It's already quilted so I couldn't use the birthing method, or I would have done that one!!!!

I was trying to do something different LOL

ube quilting 03-22-2015 12:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi swap buds. I have been busy on my quilt and a few other things too.

I finished through Z.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514499[/ATTACH]

Who knows what this little wooden thing is? Picked it up at a 2nd hand shop. Looked cool to me. Somebody must have seen one of these before. I love it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514496[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514497[/ATTACH]

Marionsquilts, this is for you!:D A beginning!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514498[/ATTACH]

Have a good week every one and please let me know your answer or guess to what my find is. If no one knows I will surprise you later with the answer.
Make your week a good one.
peace
lulu

MarionsQuilts 03-22-2015 02:21 PM

Ube, what a great find!!!!! I love finding old stuff like that and fixing it up!

That block is gorgeous ... it took me a second to figure out why it was for "me"!!!!

I knew you were the right person for those teensy blocks!

JNCT14 03-22-2015 02:43 PM

Marion I love your wall hsnging. It really came out great. Ube you have so much patience for small blocks, its amazing. Mine is comingalong... I may make another one for the Durham Fair....

ube quilting 03-22-2015 05:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I forgot to add this picture of where I got the alphabet for my quilt. I paid way too much for it at JAFs. I just couldn't wait for the right price 'cause it might have been gone. The motifs in this book are so charming.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514528[/ATTACH]

I can't wait any longer. I have to show you what I found.

Sweeeeeet!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514529[/ATTACH]

dressed. I made the mattress, pillow and case and quilted the little quilt which I had for a long time, waiting for the right place to live.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514526[/ATTACH]

Make your week a good one.
peace

lynnie 03-22-2015 06:30 PM

it looks like a folding wine rack.

love the little squirrel alphabets

MarionsQuilts 03-23-2015 03:42 AM

It is a folding wine rack LOL ... But I think Ube has other ideas!

Anoka Quilter 03-23-2015 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7135499)
OK I'm getting ticked off! LOL I just did the whole binding thing then realized that I was supposed to put my raw edge of the binding on the front and then sew it on the back??

I've never done that ... have I been binding my quilts wrong all these years?

When I bind my quilts with mitered corners, I always sew the binding, raw edge, on the back of the quilt then turn it over and quilt it on the top ... am I weird? wrong??

You are not weird. If I am machine sewing my binding on I sew the raw end on the back and then top stitch, or decorative stitch, on the front. If I am hand sewing my binding I sew the raw end on the front and then hand sew the binding to the back.

Anoka Quilter 03-23-2015 08:08 AM

JNCT14, I really like where you are going with your WH. I love lighthouses. At least here in MN we have a couple of them to visit.

Ube, the alphabet squirrel is just too cute.

Think I found my pattern, but am still giving it a little more thought before I actually begin.

Kassaundra 03-23-2015 08:51 AM

I know what I'm making, just haven't started yet. Spring is a busy time for me outside getting the garden started, and we are making enclosures for the rabbits and chickens, redoing our set up w/ those.