Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t261647.html)

Kassaundra 04-14-2015 04:26 PM

He goes au'natural in the summer, sun burn isn't a problem he has plenty of shade.

Rennie 05-01-2015 04:04 AM

Hard to believe no one has posted in almost three weeks - guess that means everyone is working on their projects. I have mine done - I think - except for the binding. How is everyone else doing?

ube quilting 05-01-2015 09:29 AM

Hi everyone. Yes, it's been a while since any posts. I am currently on another short break from quilting to keep an eye on my DH, 69 yrs old, who went on a regular bicycle ride and came home with a broken collar bone, two broken ribs, a slight fracture in his left scull, a brain bruse and slight bleeding in the right brain, Black and blue from head to toe and multiple abrasions on his arms and legs. He was in the hospital for three days observation for the head injury and has been given good to go home signal.

I will be his caretaker for a few weeks, mostly to keep him quite and take it easy for a while.

Nothing will be done for the bones, they will heal on their own. Time will heal the head injury. He caught a hale Mary this time and is very lucky. It could have been so much worse.

MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE : WEAR YOUR HELMET

Have a good weekend everyone and stay safe out there in the big world.
peace

klaws 05-01-2015 10:20 AM

Wow, sorry to hear about your DH. I hope he heals quickly. And, yes, everyone should wear a helmet!

Kassaundra 05-01-2015 12:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ube, so sorry about your husband, hope he heals quickly, and you don't have to sit on him to long to keep him still! lol

I have been planting the garden, fostering chicks, canning a freezer full of meat after the freezer died thawing all the meat. 54 pints of rabbit and chicken, 39 quarts of stock, freezing and harvesting asparagus, making 3 batches of wine (green tomato, mixed cherry / raspberry b/c of the freezer thaw, and mango/pineapple for my brother)

ube quilting 05-01-2015 01:08 PM

K, you sound like a real earth mother. Naked chickens might be trending if you keep adding to your flock.:D
peace

Rhonda 05-01-2015 06:28 PM

Wow U be glad you're Hubby's getting to go hòme. I'M glad he didn't have any worst injuries but gee whiz that's a lot of recuperating as it is! Hope he heals quickly!

JNCT14 05-02-2015 02:03 AM

Ube so sorry to hear about your DH. Keeping him quiet may be a challenge! Its prom season so I have been hemming and altering dresses - my sewingroom at onecpointcwas full of chiffon and tulle....

JNCT14 05-02-2015 02:04 AM

Awwwwwww! Too cute!

skaduzy 05-02-2015 04:29 PM

Glad your DH is on the mend, Ube.

I've been spending the last month sewing up ufo's and trying to clean up and organize my sewing room.......really just to appease my husband who uses the room for his computer work and can't stand my mess.

I have started my wall hanging! I have an idea floating around in my brain but still not sure which way I am going with it.