Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March to June 2015 Wall Hanging Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-june-2015-wall-hanging-swap-t261647.html)

ube quilting 06-07-2015 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to see all the creations everyone has come up with this time around.

Here's a cool neighborhood picture. I think it would make a great landscape quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521782[/ATTACH]
peace

Anoka Quilter 06-07-2015 07:25 PM

Not sure if I will make the deadline this month. Things have just been crazy around here. Guess summer is really here, because I find myself busy with all things outdoors.

But, I do still have time. I have my pattern and fabric. Just need to cut it out and sew it together.

skaduzy 06-08-2015 05:18 AM

Ube, your project is so neat.......and a lot of work!
Kassaundra, Like your stained glass, too.
We are getting close to deadline. ��

Rhonda 06-08-2015 05:44 AM

We're getting closer and closer to the end!! I would appreciate it if everyone could update me with your address and email address please. I have gotten into old addresses in the past and would like to make sure I have the correct address this time.

Also please let me know if you have allergies or pets and if you can send international. Thanks everyone!! I hope we get a lot of entries this month!!

MizMelly 06-10-2015 09:04 AM

Just a quick question because I'm the slowpoke here -- can we do a specific theme (like say a holiday) or is the consensus that it be a generic wall hanging?
Thanks!

Rhonda 06-10-2015 11:15 AM

This one that is ending now is an a general swap. but we can vote and see if everyone wants a theme or not. I certainly don't care. It's just up to the majority.

So everyone

Do you want a theme for the next one or not?
I don't think it's a good idea to do a theme every time but I leave it up to you all.

Let me know what you think.

My intention was to make this a no stress swap. So consider this.
Will a theme cause any stress?

I personally think a theme occasionally might be fun but I'm only hosting.

ube quilting 06-10-2015 01:56 PM

I would do a theme swap every once in a while, but not every time. I think it might limit our creative energy if we do it to many times. So many swaps are theme swaps or trades and have many restrictions to follow and for my personal opinion, I like the no holds barred concept of this swap.

I have tried many new techniques to keep surprising myself and everyone who participates. I hope the recipients have been pleased with my work.

I accept and appreciate any WHing that comes my way. This swap is a "do what you want" deal so if you want to do a 4th of July, Thanks Giving, Arbor Day, Cinco Di whatever, Ground Hog day or National Doughnut day theme, I would thoroughly enjoy it.

Just enjoy the doing, what ever we choose:D

Just as a point of interest, the next swap ends at the end of October so it would be a great time to do a fall or Thanks Giving theme if we choose to do this.
peace

MizMelly 06-10-2015 02:39 PM

Thank you! That answers my question. Now to forge ahead with my original idea and get it done before deadline!

ube quilting 06-11-2015 12:55 PM

MizMelly, love your avatar picture. What a happy cat you have there. I am anxious to see what you are putting together.
peace

MizMelly 06-11-2015 01:16 PM

Thanks! That's my one-eyed Jack. He is a happy cat now. He ended up costing me a great deal of money after I rescued him and had the vet remove his bad eye! So now he lives the life of leisure, lounging on top of my entertainment center most days. He looks rather smug, don't you think?

I hope to have my wall hanging top put together this weekend -- if all goes as planned, that is.

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 7223712)
MizMelly, love your avatar picture. What a happy cat you have there. I am anxious to see what you are putting together.
peace