Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2012-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilt-deadline-noon-est-4-30-a-t186552.html)

oksewglad 05-21-2012 05:26 PM

Ah such lovely craziness!

wanda lou 05-21-2012 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sienna's Gigi here is your sneak-peek.[ATTACH=CONFIG]337086[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 05-21-2012 06:07 PM

Wanda lou, awesome sneak peak. I love all those bright colors. I can't wait to see yours in it's entirety. Really, I can't wait to see ALL the sneak peaks in there entiretys. They are all so different and unique.

Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, the spider web on a crazy quilt is supposed to be good luck. Or at least, that's what the "Crazy Quilt Books" I looked at say. So, I hope it brings my partner good luck. Or, maybe it already has....A New Quilty Friend. What's luckier then that. :)

urgodschild2 05-21-2012 06:22 PM

congrats Krystyna. Wow that is awesome. The crazy quilts are getting more and more fantastic. They are so pretty, with vibrant colors.

nancia 05-21-2012 10:17 PM

just as an additional note on spider webs-- if you come across one you should wind it around your finger. it will bring good luck to you! when i find a spider i try to take it outside rather than kill it. they eat other annoying bugs so i don't mind their being around! ( within reason, of course. do not like when they surprise me in my personal space).

nancia 05-21-2012 10:20 PM

love all the beautiful quilts and sneak peeks! and for the record, i will not be giving my dq from krystyna away! my dq is crazy for sure and different. hope you like it, krystyna! am still embellishing! now i wish i'd bought the machine that embroidered also! congrats on the win! we all knew you are a winner!:thumbup:

Krystyna 05-22-2012 03:52 AM

All these sneak peeks and full views are awesome! I didn't know that about spider webs and was wondering why you see them on older quilts. I know my mom told me never to kill a spider that got into the house because they eat all the other bugs. Nancia, in all my excitement yesterday I didn't get to mail your quilt off, so maybe I'll add a web for you. I hope you're on the mend at long last. How was the tooth extraction?
This month has been just too much fun.

abonda 05-22-2012 04:03 AM

sent out my quilts yesterday for Annies Best and Emc118 so keep a look out. Let me know when you get them. I really hope you like them!

rwquilts 05-22-2012 04:18 AM

Judith1005, your DQ is sooo cute! Love the variety of colors!

NinaLemon 05-22-2012 04:46 AM

Nancia - I had never heard about winding a web around your finger - that is really interesting! I also try to put spiders outside ..unless they sneak up on me, then I cannot be held responsible for my actions!