Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

paintmejudy 02-10-2011 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OMG Andrea, that is beautiful! And lots of gorgeous purple -- she must have been over the wall with her favorite color! (Do you need another sister to make one for? I like it better than mine.)
OK, Katie Ann, you asked - here it is -- the first big quilt I made. It's about 88" square. I was just making wall hangings and charity kids' quilts before. Now I am afraid of NOTHING!!!

Originally Posted by abonda
I made a kind of crazy quilt for my sister for Christmas. Here is a pic.....

every seam is covered with decorative stitches in different colors. Did them about 25 at a time - changed the color, did one seam on every block, changed the color and did another seam on every block. Took forever and I do't think it shows up that well. Wish I had a machine with a 9mm wide stitch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127108[/ATTACH]

one of these days, when I have nothing to do, I will make more blocks and redo the shams on point like the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]127747[/ATTACH]

fromzstore 02-10-2011 05:28 PM

beautiful quilts glad i chose crazy patch for my theme
have alway wanted to do one.

abonda 02-10-2011 05:38 PM

What the bleep are you talking about Judy.... That is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe that was your first big quilt!!! and shams to boot?????????? I LOVE it!!! All that detail.. Great Job Kiddo.
PS You can be my sister too!! :-D

kwiltkrazy 02-10-2011 05:41 PM

Beautiful block Dottie, I love crazy patch, and yours is beautiful.

PaintmeJudy I love your crazy quilt, lots of beautiful eye candy.

Abonda I love your little crazy patch in purple, what a wonderful present for your sister.

paintmejudy 02-10-2011 05:43 PM

OK, sis, thanks.

Originally Posted by abonda
What the bleep are you talking about Judy.... That is BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe that was your first big quilt!!! and shams to boot?????????? I LOVE it!!! All that detail.. Great Job Kiddo.
PS You can be my sister too!! :-D

letsquilt 02-10-2011 05:48 PM

Just wanted to let paintmejudy know that I recieved the beautiful block you made me today!!!! I love it!!!! Thank you soooooo much! Yours will go out Monday.
by the way you scrappy quilt is gorgeous.

letsquilt 02-10-2011 05:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry hers the picture!!

great block from paintmejudy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130393[/ATTACH]

burnsk 02-10-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
Sorry here's the picture!!

Love that black and white. Great block.

dotcomdtcm 02-10-2011 06:42 PM

It is great to see the versatility of each block & each quilter.
Love those snowballs, Judy!!

Veronica 02-10-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55
Last week, I received a wonderful pansy block from dannypanny. Thank you very much!

This pansy is beautiful.