Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

hoffim 04-09-2011 12:04 PM

PokerDiva, PaintmeJudy..

That Eyes of March pattern is fantastic and the color choices really make it look outstanding!!!!

Chigger Holler Quilter 04-09-2011 12:48 PM

I've been lurking here and admiring all the great blocks you've been sending and receiving! I hope to be joining you as soon as I'm caught up with current commitments. Great work, ladies. I also have been thinking about how to keep track of who sends which blocks. The photo and file idea is a great one. I have also found that it is hard for me to keep up with that system with the boomerang block swap...esp when doing 2 groups. So now, I keep a strip (scrap) of white fabric near the door along with marker and small safety pins. As soon as I bring the block in I write the name, swap and date I receive the block, cut it off and pin it with safety pin to the block. Then I can take photo later and not worry about just who sent it! I know it helps me. Hope to be signing up before long! Connie aka Chigger.

dotcomdtcm 04-09-2011 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tealfalcon was my partner in another swap. I thought you'd all like to see how she used the floral log cabins and embellished them in this beautiful piece.

Log cabins plus
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181824[/ATTACH]

Yo yos and applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181825[/ATTACH]

JanetWall 04-09-2011 01:48 PM

Absolutely Beautiful

PokerDiva 04-09-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
You are most welcome, Florence. If I had seen your comment, could have made you another PP star, but I just got back from the post office - mailed off April swap #3.

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
I received block for Paintmejudy today for our April extra swap #2. I love them both but the star block is beyond words. Thank you Judy.

Judy, I love everything you make me. Don't worry I will get another one out of you at a later date. I am doing the Star BOM and I think I will add your star to that quilt.

dotcomdtcm 04-09-2011 02:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the last House block for me & it is by Karielt. I am starting to sew them together!

letsquilt 04-09-2011 02:32 PM

Oh Dotty that is a really pretty house block, I just sent you a PM.

ljdugas31 04-09-2011 04:05 PM

Judy love the star blocks my favorite,great job everyone,most beautiful blocks ever :thumbup: If anyone would like to do extra block this month please pm me,my theme is black and white with any color purple. :D

Crafty3790 04-09-2011 04:23 PM

So many beautiful blocks Dotty can't wait to see yours done. I'm getting all my exchanges caught up then I'm going to start sewing my pinwheel together. I have 3 things to do for the 15 which I hope to finish this weekend. Had to do those yearend things I'm later then usual this year. But am just about done with that.i will post a picture when I have them sewn together.

jetnica 04-10-2011 05:25 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Hooray!! The apartment is all clean - we didn't go out to dinner, but some friends came over and we had a lovely evening.

I just got up to clean up my mess of a sewing room and took some pictures.

I'll share!

Messy view from the door -- you can see the two spots I've already cleaned up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182092[/ATTACH]

MESS by the shelving unit. All of this stuff had deadlines but I've missed most of them. Thankfully the folks are understanding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182093[/ATTACH]

MESS by the window. Somewhere in here is the graduation quilt I need to start on today. Also that stack of paperwork needs tamed. =(
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182094[/ATTACH]

Bright Spot: My Last Turtle Block from hsquilting mom!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182095[/ATTACH]

My first Halloween Block from letsquilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182096[/ATTACH]

my second Halloween block from letsquilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182099[/ATTACH]

my third Halloween block from paintmejudy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182100[/ATTACH]

block I sent to anntherin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182101[/ATTACH]

block I sent to hsquiltingmom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182104[/ATTACH]

Block I sent to dotcomdtcm