Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Oksewnsew 07-09-2011 07:16 PM

Well you could send it to me, I'm in Edmond, not far to go.hahaha He is precious. Wonky means 'off center, askew, not straight on.' It's a neat block.

rfbrazell 07-09-2011 09:25 PM

Hey Shirley, I did and they were perfect, pattern and all. They will fit so perfect in my southsea quilt. Wait until you see it.
R

Originally Posted by jigs1354
Hi Robert, did you get the 2 blocks I sent you?? They were to get to you yesterday??? You sure are a busy lad.
Shirley/Tn. (jigs1354)

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Any time....

Originally Posted by burnsk

It is amazing, afire with color. If it was mine, I would use a dark burnt orange, Sage Green or Rust. And since it is a fall theme, maybe a large outer border of Large Fall Leaves in every warm fall color you could think of.
I know what ever you do will be perfect.
R

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Onward.......Here are the blocks for my fall theme. Question....What color sashing and border do you think I should use. There is lots of oranges in them but would more orange be too much? Any suggestions?

Robert - some great ideas. When I get stumped I know who to ask. :thumbup:

rfbrazell 07-09-2011 09:26 PM

Holy Cow poop ( sorry). That is so magnificent. It is awesome and I LOVE IT. It almost makes me shake to look it. LOL
R

Originally Posted by fromzstore
Robert here is the block you wanted hope the colors are south pacific enough

Linda

rfbrazell 07-09-2011 09:28 PM

Whether its a mouse or a fat Cat, it is adorable and what a great job you did with the blanket stitch. GREAT JOB
Robert

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I've got a question again...LOL

I'm not sure what Wonky means..

And I need to do a Wonky Cat, so can you tell me if this looks like a wonky cat? It's suppose to be a cat but it looks like a fat mouse to me....LOL

rfbrazell 07-09-2011 09:39 PM

Today it's my treaure day. I got 9 blocks in the mail.

5 Kamakazee oriental lanterns (To die for) from LjDigas in MA. OMG The colors were perfect.

Another beautiful batik star From buddy'smom that she did for our swap and I offered her to trade another for one more of those stars. It is beautiful, colors like the auroa Borialis. It is going to shine in the quilt. Thank you Buddy's Mom.

2 south sea stars from Jigs 1354 and a pattern for them, WOW perfect colors and a great pattern of star.

Beautiful and PERFECT stars from Abdona, We are going for the gold on swaps that girl and I. Who will be the swap champion?

And 3 Oriental lanterns from fromzstore, The embroidered Chinese Fire Dragon looks like it could just jump off the page. Amazing.

I will post pics tomorrow
I'm going Night Night.
Sleepy Robert

Lv2sew2011 07-09-2011 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
Well you could send it to me, I'm in Edmond, not far to go.hahaha He is precious. Wonky means 'off center, askew, not straight on.' It's a neat block.

I use to work in Edmond, I worked for Dolese Brothers, still do I think, I got hurt pretty bad on the job and had to get a lawyer because they wouldnt pay workmans comp, so my back could heal, long story short. Any way thanks everyone for the comment on my cat block, I hope she likes it.

Oksewnsew, thanks for telling me what wonky means, cause I had no ideal....LOL

fromzstore 07-10-2011 03:21 AM

Holy Cow poop ( sorry). That is so magnificent. It is awesome and I LOVE IT. It almost makes me shake to look it. LOL
R

Linda

Guess that means you like it????

rfbrazell 07-10-2011 08:04 AM

I think we should not post pics (NOT) because is sure does not show the detail and artistry in the dragon block or others. They are AMAZING

R

Linda

Guess that means you like it????

toriabelle 07-10-2011 10:26 AM

Got 2 wonderful batik stars from troy26 sat. They are great. One of them is a "wonky" pattern. So cute.

MandaLynn 07-10-2011 10:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Got two beautiful blocks from my July partner ljdugas31 They really are amazing.. and look what I've been working on.. :D

from ljdugas31
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224237[/ATTACH]

from ljdugas31
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224238[/ATTACH]

a Christmas present I'm working on :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]224239[/ATTACH]