Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG #2 - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-2-closed-full-t218898.html)

nancia 06-18-2013 11:37 AM

so lovely! is that hand embroidery? really nice!
i finally finished the cat mughug for lynnie. the pictures were sent to me via e-mail, but i don't know how to get them from there to here.

Sibi 06-18-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6129722)
so lovely! is that hand embroidery? really nice!
i finally finished the cat mughug for lynnie. the pictures were sent to me via e-mail, but i don't know how to get them from there to here.

Nope, I don't do embroidery. I did it with my machine.....very slowly! If you know what zentangle is, that is what I was trying to achieve. It's not easy but it sure it fun!

nancia 06-18-2013 01:01 PM

sibi-- it looks wonderful! i haven't even turned my embroidery machine on. it scares me for some reason. out of my comfort bubble!

Sibi 06-18-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6129866)
sibi-- it looks wonderful! i haven't even turned my embroidery machine on. it scares me for some reason. out of my comfort bubble!

I didn't do it with an embroidery machine, I did it with my regular ole brother. That's why it was hard. I'd love to have an embroidery machine! You should read the manual, cover to cover first, then go for it. When I bought my brother many years ago that's what I did. Read the manual cover to cover then kept it at my side as I started playing with the different stitches and stuff. I'm guessing an embroidery machine will be much more complicated but you'll never enjoy it if you don't give it a try. What have you got to lose? Go for it!!

stitchingpost 06-19-2013 10:27 AM

hey ladies,,iam back,,,havnt been on here for awhile,,had to put my mom in nursing home,,,she fell and hurt herself,,back she is back home,,and than a storm came through and hit the tree in the front yard,and knock it down and we didnt have any power for a few days,,,soooooo i have been preety busy,,,BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS,,IAM SENDING THE MUGRUG OUT THURS ,,to my partner,,and a few xter goodies to made up for the lost time,,,you have not been forgotten ,,

stitchingpost 06-19-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by suzyq2154 (Post 6122777)
Thanks to Sibi ( my therapist lol) it worked!

its allllllllllllll mine ,,,,,its so beautiful,,,trust me it wouldnt get use,,its going in a frame,,,,with some lace and pearls and maybe some old vintage gloves ,,,

suzyq2154 06-19-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost (Post 6131666)
its allllllllllllll mine ,,,,,its so beautiful,,,trust me it wouldnt get use,,its going in a frame,,,,with some lace and pearls and maybe some old vintage gloves ,,,

Oh my gosh girl, you honor me. I'm so happy you liked it! :)

orangeroom 06-19-2013 06:39 PM

I received two mug rugs (~6" each) and a french vanilla latte serving in the mail on Monday, June 17th. I tried to upload a picture, but for some reason am not able to do so.

This was my first mug rug swap. They look similar to a roman stripe block.

nurse bonnie 06-20-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud (Post 6082546)
Oh my! Colleen - dresdens are some of my favorite quilt blocks! great job! I sent my mug rug to NurseBonnie earlier this week. Hope she likes it!

Yes I did receive it!! It is beautiful!! Yours is on its way. Weather has kept me in the house since last weekend. But I finally got to the PO. Hope you like what I sent you.

queenof2802 06-21-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 6132372)
I received two mug rugs (~6" each) and a french vanilla latte serving in the mail on Monday, June 17th. I tried to upload a picture, but for some reason am not able to do so.

This was my first mug rug swap. They look similar to a roman stripe block.

Glad your package arrived safely. Sorry I missed the size requirement. I prefer a smaller mug rug. Really I was thinking that they were larger than a coaster but smaller than a place mat.