Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/mug-rug-swap-sign-ups-closed-t207882.html)

lynnie 01-27-2013 09:38 AM

My partner should get hers by monday, dh mailed it out on thursday.

mooretll 01-27-2013 09:54 AM

Mine should be delivered by Thursday to my partner.
Love all the mug rugs coming in and the sneek peaks

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 10:37 AM

Finished my mug rug this morning. It drew blood before it was over (it was colluding with my seam ripper!) Think I may have to put my machine in the shop again. It's not fond of detail work. I can't call her Evelyn because Gramma would be ashamed if she knew how she was behaving this morning. It has started again with that thing it does, yanking inches of thread down into the bottom and then blobbing it onto the back of whatever I'm sewing. Seems to be worse doing zig-zag, which is what I started out doing this morning, appliqueing the last piece after I sewed & flipped it right side out. I don't have the patience for handwork, so this morning I didn't have patience for this either.

Anyway, it's in the wash, along with my non-dryables. When it's done & ironed back out, I'll post a pic of part of it. Can't post it all because I put her name on the front! Hmm, need to make a trip to the store for some go-with goodies!

DustysMomma 01-27-2013 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it goes! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391146[/ATTACH]

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-27-2013 01:52 PM

LOL on the cookies!! I have to admit my all time downfall is the decorated sugar cookies, specially the ones with royal frosting... oh boy I will gain fifty pounds on eating those!!
Everyone in this group are awesome and so much fun reading everyone's comments, and seeing all these beautiful rugmugs!!

Thank you Nelco and Sandy for the compliments, I think I am going to make one more a bit smaller for her too this evening and get some yummy goodies to go along with em!

Linny 01-27-2013 01:54 PM

I have in my possession the sweetest mug rug in some of my favorite colors.....made by annt59....along with pattern instructions for the "scrappy twisted triangles" that my MR was made from. Thanks so much for this little gem. My coffee and tea mug is the color of the brown in my new MR.......not able to post pics at this time...if you can it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again annt59.

JuanitaBean 01-27-2013 01:56 PM

Will be sending my partern's MR out Monday. Hope she likes it going to north of me.

IrelandDragonQuilting 01-27-2013 04:57 PM

Dustysmom I adore your mugrug, that is super cute! Well I just finished out my second one, it is done in some left over scraps from the Red Rooster Pumpkin and Spice line.. I just love that line. I played with my decorative stitches and had fun with it. tomorrow I am off to PO!

sewdamncute 01-27-2013 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got the prettiest mug rug from KathyM....all my favorite bright colors.. love it! She also included the handiest little post-it notes for marking pages in books. I also pin them on my quilt blocks to keep them in order!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391221[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391222[/ATTACH]

I finished my MR today...I took a picture but my partner would know it was hers in an instant! This was a great swap, so many talented people on this board!

SandyinZ4 01-27-2013 06:03 PM

Once again, I get to see a few more wonderful creations. Seeing them is almost as much fun as receiving one.