Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Needle Case/Book Exchange (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/needle-case-book-exchange-t169166.html)

immemother 12-01-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 4740370)
These can be so addicting.

I have to agree on that one. I also made a proto-type to make sure I knew what I was doing, since then I have another 4 cut and ready to go for Chrissy Stocking Fillers! Just got to find out my partners colour preference and i'll be all ready to go!

SulaBug 12-01-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by immemother (Post 4741224)
I have to agree on that one. I also made a proto-type to make sure I knew what I was doing, since then I have another 4 cut and ready to go for Chrissy Stocking Fillers! Just got to find out my partners colour preference and i'll be all ready to go!

Good for you!! :D You are way ahead of me. Would my name just happen to be on your stocking fillers list? :D

sew1096 12-01-2011 11:35 PM

I need to make a prototype of mine too. I've never made this one before but I think it's going to turn out really well (fingers crossed here).

I was actually over at Linda's (dove911) and we both made a prototype of hers and it is so cute. Whoever gets hers is going to love it.

rwquilts 12-02-2011 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by sew1096 (Post 4742323)
I need to make a prototype of mine too. I've never made this one before but I think it's going to turn out really well (fingers crossed here).

I was actually over at Linda's (dove911) and we both made a prototype of hers and it is so cute. Whoever gets hers is going to love it.

Shari, I happen to know that both you and Linda do excellent work! :) Anyone receiving either from you or her will be very happy!

Veronika 12-02-2011 05:13 AM

I would like to share. Is there anywhere an official list?

dconroy84 12-02-2011 12:57 PM

Hi,
I just sent in my info as I would like to join in the fun.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone,
Donna C.
dconroy84

sew1096 12-02-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4742525)
Shari, I happen to know that both you and Linda do excellent work! :) Anyone receiving either from you or her will be very happy!

Thanks Ronda for the praise and encouragement. I try my best. I'm having such fun here too.

CAS49OR 12-02-2011 08:23 PM

I think felted wool is knit then "shrank" down by washing so it is tight and compacted. I know many friends were having fun making slippers and hats with it. It is nothing at all like the felt bought at the craft store.

LAQUITA 12-03-2011 01:06 AM

Id like to join, but have a new computer ( an ASUS Transformer tablet) & cant figure out how to PM on it yet. If anyone knows please let me know!!! Lol. Anyway id like to join this swap please.

brushandthimble 12-03-2011 04:53 AM

there is also a felted wool similar to felt, NOT sweater material, and not knitted. I have a collection of it.

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 4745471)
I think felted wool is knit then "shrank" down by washing so it is tight and compacted. I know many friends were having fun making slippers and hats with it. It is nothing at all like the felt bought at the craft store.