Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

CookyIN 10-12-2013 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 6344469)
Yes, you are so right. I didn't include my fat quarters in the $20. I wasn't clear there. I have bought a couple of "goodies" that were. So sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks; I wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.

Neesie 10-12-2013 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6344538)
Need one more shopping trip to complete my box- all handmade items done, and a bunch of little gee-gags. Now for the serious quilting item/s and FQ. Been working on stuff and picking up things all year long! Hint: my santee lives South of me---so if you are South of the North Pole, you are in the running~~

I'm south of the North Pole! :D

Neesie 10-12-2013 06:02 AM

I have a question, for all of you (hoping my SS will also answer). How do you feel about home-baked goodies, in your SS gift? Please be honest, as not everyone is comfortable about eating something, a stranger has sent.

grann of 6 10-12-2013 06:43 AM

The only problem I see with your talking about 2 packages and "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" is that now when someone gets 2 packages, they are pretty sure who their SS is, unless many people are sending 2 packages. As far as I am concerned, too many hints is taking some of the fun out of the surprise. Just my little opinion.

And home baked goodies....not a good idea in the package sent in Nov, since we don't open till Dec sometime. Last year I got cookies, and when I went to eat them they tasted rancid, had to throw them out. I think last year Terri suggested sending goodies in a separate package close to the opening day. Any other opinions on this????

Neesie 10-12-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 6344743)
The only problem I see with your talking about 2 packages and "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" is that now when someone gets 2 packages, they are pretty sure who their SS is, unless many people are sending 2 packages. As far as I am concerned, too many hints is taking some of the fun out of the surprise. Just my little opinion.

And home baked goodies....not a good idea in the package sent in Nov, since we don't open till Dec sometime. Last year I got cookies, and when I went to eat them they tasted rancid, had to throw them out. I think last year Terri suggested sending goodies in a separate package close to the opening day. Any other opinions on this????

I was more concerned about a person's reluctance to trust the safety of eating the homemade goodies. For instance, I know people whose baked goods I'm hesitant to eat, because of lack of cleanliness, in preparing food. When I'm cooking/baking, I wash my hands constantly (and dry, on paper towels). Ordinarily, I'm not a 'clean freak' but baking is a totally different story. . . and if I'm at all sick, I do NOT bake. Period.

Also, a diabetic probably would want to stay away from home-baked goodies, due to the sugar content.

The goodies, I have in mind, will last a pretty long time in a sealed container or freezer zip-loc bag.

rwquilts 10-12-2013 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6344630)
I have a question, for all of you (hoping my SS will also answer). How do you feel about home-baked goodies, in your SS gift? Please be honest, as not everyone is comfortable about eating something, a stranger has sent.

Send them to me Neesie! I love sweets (unfortunately) and especially home baked goodies at Christmas! :)

sharon b 10-12-2013 07:46 AM

Sorry I have been MIA again- I didn't even try to read back you Chatty Cathies !!!! LOL

You can send 1 f 2 and 2 of 2 - I have done that before and others have also :) I don't think it takes away from the surprise and is a good question to ask - I may send out one box and then realize I forgot to send something or wanted to add to the box - might happen more then we know since once the question is asked and answered others will do this ;)

it is 4 fat quarters plus a gift of $20.00 and yes the gift can be all fabric if you want :)

As for home baked goodies - I have no problem with them in fact I encourage it since I don't do holiday baking LOL

Hope everyone is having fun down in the "rabbit hole " but not too much fun without me :p

grann of 6 10-12-2013 08:05 AM

Okay, girls, I am going into the hole and sitting on a rock in a corner again. Cannot seem to keep my mouth under control. I'll be quiet now.

Likethedog 10-12-2013 08:22 AM

Good idea. I'll take a look at those next time I'm at Joann's.

Originally Posted by Leota (Post 6344232)
The neat part about the tube turner is that they ar only about $10 and if you catch them on sale with a stackable coupon... you score big time :D

Tothill 10-12-2013 08:25 AM

Okay 10 days without a computer and only 190+ pages to read. I cannot remember how far I read before the computer died.

I got my name yippee.

She lives South of me.

She has pets too.

I do not know if she likes home baking. But if I was going to send some I would send closer to the opening date. I love to make candy at Christmas. But I also make wicked Butter Tarts. I have never tried to ship butter tarts before.

Now to stalk her to get some more ideas.

I have been shopping since the Spring for this. It is great to find super bargains and put them aside. I just need to round out the box and get something for her critters. Last year I made dog quilts for my recipient.