Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Neesie 10-14-2013 07:36 AM

Since it's clue time, here's mine for today.

My SSee lives in a state, which can have cold winter weather. :)

dreamer2009 10-14-2013 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom (Post 6348243)
Working on a little something for my giftee....hope she likes it.
Dreamer....you have been pretty quiet. What are you up to?

packing........................................... .............

Neesie 10-14-2013 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6348503)
stash is all packed for major move...no rummaging...boxes are all sealed tight...............;)..........................;).................... .............;)

Oh, you're awake? Uhhhhhh, Hi! How've you been? :)

We could 'help' you pack that fabric. :thumbup:

Quercus Rubra 10-14-2013 07:39 AM

Oh MY!!! There are so many posting that I can't keep up! I just wanted to say that I'm hard at work on the main piece of my partners gift box. It's bigger than a bread box but smaller than a mini van. lol.

Tricia

Quilty-Louise 10-14-2013 07:44 AM

Dear SSR (secret santa recipient),

Do you like to read books? if so what kind of genre do you like?
Do you like quilting magazines? any particular ones? all ? none?

Message to my SS:

I listen to audiobooks so I don't actually read anything except my
quilting magazines to which I spent a large portion of yesterday
downloading and organizing all my digital subscription of quilting
magazines.

(now to try and do the same organizing with the print issues).

dreamer2009 10-14-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6348517)
Oh, you're awake? Uhhhhhh, Hi! How've you been? :)

We could 'help' you pack that fabric. :thumbup:

uhhhhh....nope....did few weeks ago....well taped shut.....:)

Cheesehead 10-14-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 6348394)
I have a different recipe for fudge that I make, but it does call for chocolate chips and yes, you can add other flavors...but I don't add but 1/4 - 1/2 cup of the different flavored chips. For peanut butter fudge, I take away 1/2 cup of my semi sweet chips and add 1/2 cup of the peanut butter chips...with raspberry choc. chips, I only use 1/4 cup and take away the same from my semi sweet chips to keep the ratio the same...some prefer milk chocolate chips...just experiment! I found that too many chips makes the fudge over powering. :)

Thanks Ronda great info! I forgot about the raspberry chocolate chips, what was I thinking! Oh yum, I definately will be trying those. (Yikes, I may have to let out the seams in my pants) In the past I haven't been very successful in making fudge, especially using the marshmallow fluff. I know it's got to be user error on my part, everybody else makes wonderful fudge with it.

Jan

Cheesehead 10-14-2013 08:07 AM

My SS hint for the day...my partner has good taste in fabric.

CookyIN 10-14-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6348524)
Thanks Ronda great info! I forgot about the raspberry chocolate chips, what was I thinking! Oh yum, I definately will be trying those. (Yikes, I may have to let out the seams in my pants) In the past I haven't been very successful in making fudge, especially using the marshmallow fluff. I know it's got to be user error on my part, everybody else makes wonderful fudge with it.

Jan

I made the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe for years using marshmallow fluff. Unfortunately, the sizes on both the packages of chips and the fluff have changed -- smaller of course -- since the recipe was first published. Wasn't that in the 70s? Anyway, it doesn't turn out the way I remember it. Something isn't quite "right".

I may take a crack at making fudge the way my mom and her grandmother used to in the 40s. Mom said they always kibitzed back and forth on just the right method. Mom liked her fudge grainy while great-grandmother liked hers creamy. Wish I could have been there!

Cheesehead 10-14-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6348587)
I made the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe for years using marshmallow fluff. Unfortunately, the sizes on both the packages of chips and the fluff have changed -- smaller of course -- since the recipe was first published. Wasn't that in the 70s? Anyway, it doesn't turn out the way I remember it. Something isn't quite "right".

I may take a crack at making fudge the way my mom and her grandmother used to in the 40s. Mom said they always kibitzed back and forth on just the right method. Mom liked her fudge grainy while great-grandmother liked hers creamy. Wish I could have been there!

That's it!!!! Mine always came out grainy and all along I thought I was doing something wrong. I always thought that fudge was supposed to be soft and creamy.

Had to laugh about you using the word " kibitzed" , my mother in law always used that word or kibitzing. Brings back fond, sweet memories of her.

Jan