Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

dreamer2009 10-14-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 6349325)
I haven't been around much and totally missed this. Boo Hoo!!! Can I still stop by and visit?

well where in the heck have you been mcdaniel !!!!

Neesie 10-14-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6349313)
I sent this to my DH and the following was his reply to me.

Nope Santa is a man:

See? Santa must be a man!

:D He does make some very good points! :D

Neesie 10-14-2013 04:23 PM

I haven't been around much and totally missed this. Boo Hoo!!! Can I still stop by and visit?

Of course you can! We have SS partners who never visit, so you have one of their chairs. :)
Ummmmmmm, I think there might be some sort of rule that visitors must bring us snacks of . . . ummmmmm, let's see . . . oh! Fettuccine Alfredo! Yeah, that was it! Visitors must bring a lot of Fettuccine Alfredo and a bottle of nice white wine! :thumbup:

Dedemac 10-14-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6349076)
Dedemac, I see Fluke was on your list of favorite books. I have read every one of her books and enjoy reading the recipes she includes. Nice, clean, wholesome books are fun to read. I also have read all of the Braun books, having 2 Siamese cats of my own it makes it all the more fun. Joanna Carl also writes a nice mystery that is similar to Fluke's but instead of cookies her business is chocolate. Oh brother, I'm on here again writing about candy and cookies!

I have always wanted to read the quilt series books that so many rave about.

Jan

Oh good I have a new author to check out, Will go to the library tomorrow. Was listing to The cat who ate danish modern this afternoon, love Qwillern and the two cats. Unfortunately I am allergic to most cats. I have tried about 20 of the cookie recipes from Fluke's stories. My favorite are kool-aid cookies and boggles (I use dried cherries from our tree).
Thank you for the new author.

I have both of the Cat cookbooks and want to pick up the Cookie murder cookbook.

Dedemac 10-14-2013 05:07 PM

Cheesehead

The chocolate cat caper is on it's way to my library, should have it by Thursday. I guess I have to get more sewing done so I can have some time to read.

Tink's Mom 10-14-2013 05:09 PM

Where have you been??? I was wondering why you weren't posting...of course you can visit....more the merrier!

huntannette 10-14-2013 05:13 PM

Youhouuuuu! I`m home....after a month of being away......hey I saw a Super Delux Broom over my house when I got here .....hmmm someones` been out of the hole.....lol will be mailing my SS box sometimes this week with all the goodies I got when I was away....heading south it will be!!!

sewnsewer2 10-14-2013 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6349305)
You're not paying close enough attention, it's NOT going to Florida. Well, this one isn't anyway. I am making one that is going there though to JudyLee2.

Shoot, that leaves me out, 'coz I'm in FL.:(

Pat625 10-14-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6349067)
Cindy, you can tease me all you want, but I know that your package is going to Florida!! :D See, I have been paying attention to all of the clues!!
:D :D :D :D

ME ME I'm in Florida!!

Pat625 10-14-2013 05:56 PM

OK- Maybe Santa is a MAN---- Santa is certainly a Man!

Santa Claus is undoubtedly a man because:
  • Santa doesn't deliver his presents on The Friday after Thanksgiving when the malls are open for 20 hours. Christmas Eve deliveries prove Mr. Claus to be a man.
  • Santa's reindeer is so drunk that his nose glows as his navigator. A woman would never let out those cute deer to work on Christmas Eve that too in cold and perhaps would dress them in sweaters and booties.
  • Only a male Santa can ignore 'fashion' and wear the same suit for 500 years.
  • Santa has never been known to answer a letter.
  • Women aren't interested in stockings unless someone better looking than them is wearing them.
  • As many presents as Santa delivers he has no trouble with babes.
  • Only men have the ability to stay up for 24 hours straight in the cold with a bunch of mangy deer and going up and down soot-infested chimneys.
  • A woman would never even think of going down a chimney and risk staining that red velvet.
  • Commitment requires that Christmas be on the same day each year. A female Santa would delay Christmas until she can touch-up her makeup and do her hair after leaving each house.