Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

huntannette 10-18-2013 06:00 PM

awesome thank you!!!! there is quite a big difference in price!

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6356343)
I just posted an update in the rules.
Those sending OUTSIDE the US DO NOT have to get a confirmation of shipping. Costs to ship outside US are costly enough. I don't want them to have to pay double the amount.

mdall 10-18-2013 06:11 PM

Quilty, sorry for your loss

Likethedog 10-18-2013 06:38 PM

Quilty Louise, so sorry!

m-fay 10-18-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6355502)
Whew! Chatty, chatty, chatty!!
I've finally found a few minutes today to get on here and check on all the naughty and nice people. That hole out back is pretty noisy. I'm ascared to go and look for fear of what I'll see/find in there. lol

If you are unsure of any of the rules, just ask. You can send me a PM or you can ask here on the thread. Your question will get answered one way or another.
As to wrapping the gift(s) in the package, it is not required but as was stated, there have been some people that were expecting packages and accidentally opened their Secret Santa package. With the things wrapped, it not only makes it longer for the person to wait to see what they have, but it's also fun.
I think those that do wrap, it's because they just want to have fun, that's all, not a requirement. I think I've spelled out the rules pretty good, but that's why I always say...if in doubt, just ask.

I think I'll line my box with Fabric & put a note on top..." Into the hole with you...Naughty naughty person and party on till opening day!"

Neesie 10-18-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156 (Post 6356261)
Oh my. My daughter has been trying to find doilies and hankies for months to make herself a quilt. Were not having any luck finding any at the thrift stores or yard sales.

I'm pretty sure I've seen doilies at Hobby Lobby. I've no idea of the prices or quality, though.

Neesie 10-18-2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6356141)
Well gang, I'm home from the quilt show. Good news! 3 entries...3 ribbons! YAH!! My 2 customers that entered their quilts both took home ribbons too! WOOHOO! Great day! I just posted all these pictures in the Pictures section under Canton, TX quilt show. Go take a look, you won't be disappointed! Did I earn some rum from the hole tonight for all my hard work?? Huh, huh, huh???? Have a good evening all, I'm tired & we still have tomorrow to go on the show & then break it all down!

Congratulations! Yes, I'd say you definitely earned some rum! :D

m-fay 10-18-2013 07:00 PM

So Sorry for your loss Quilty Louise

Cindy, your quilts are awsome!

Airwick 156, 1'll look thru my doilies to see which ones I can part with.

Neesie 10-18-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6356296)
Sorry for posting a totally off the Christmas subject.

Last week I made a mention about our oldest furbaby
had a very bad heart. After a week we finally had to stop
kidding ourselves that she would bounce back and be ok.

At 4:45pm today she drew her last breath, and we miss
her terribly already.

Louise, I'm so, so sorry. I wish there was something we could do, to help ease your pain. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

CookyIN 10-18-2013 08:20 PM

Louise, I'm so sorry to hear about Bandi. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Pat625 10-18-2013 08:23 PM

Quilty- find peace in that you did not let Bandi suffer