Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Tink's Mom 10-22-2013 07:13 AM

I hope my person isn't just sitting at the mailbox and waiting for her package...
Mine is going to have to wait a couple more days to get shipped...I'm too sick to go stand in line at the PO.

I hope she posts when the box arrives...it makes it better for me not to worry that it was delivered wrong or just plain missing.

Knitette...call yourself whatever you want...Elvis McJingle would be a very good name for you. I'm a big Elvis fan, too...and was surprised that it ended up as my name.

Neesie 10-22-2013 07:27 AM

I won't be mailing, until closer to the deadline . . . not that it matters. Wish my SS person was more interested in this thread. :(

grann of 6 10-22-2013 07:30 AM

Some of us are just reading, and not bothering to post.

rwquilts 10-22-2013 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6362046)
I won't be mailing, until closer to the deadline . . . not that it matters. Wish my SS person was more interested in this thread. :(

I know...it would be more fun if our recipients were excited about the swap and joining in the fun...oh well...I love what I sent and it arrived, so at least I know she got the package. Now I can just anticipate when my not so secret Santa will send my package? LOL! It's always super fun to get packages in the mail...kind of like Christmas...oh yea...it is for Christmas! LOL! :D:D:D

sunrise450 10-22-2013 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 6362053)
Some of us are just reading, and not bothering to post.

I don't understand this. Why join then not post? Seems to me that is the best part of SS. At least for me it has been. I have been getting to "know" and recognize different names and that makes it fun and more homey.

Likethedog 10-22-2013 08:07 AM

I heard a story about my recipient's state on National Public Radio yesterday. That's a BIG clue, but I don't think I'm giving anything away -- she hasn't posted here in ages, maybe not since signing up, so she may not be reading either.

Neesie 10-22-2013 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6362077)
I don't understand this. Why join then not post? Seems to me that is the best part of SS. At least for me it has been. I have been getting to "know" and recognize different names and that makes it fun and more homey.

I feel the same. I honestly couldn't care less about receiving a package from a stranger. I joined to get to know people better and send/receive packages to/from quilters, whom I could think of as friends.

Since so many only pop in occasionally (if at all) and don't seem to understand the friendly joking, I'm kinda afraid to even tease much. I'm very happy to have 'met' those of you who do post, though! :)

sewnsewer2 10-22-2013 08:34 AM

If we post (except for a PM to
Terri) when we send, isn't that telling who your SS is? I'm not saying when I send, except to Terri.

pyffer3 10-22-2013 08:37 AM

I try to post some. Sometimes it's hard to think of something to say! I joined the board about 1 1/2 years ago and have learned a lot from reading all the posts on here. I know in the beginning I was on the website more than anything else so I have had to 'make' myself stay off! Wasn't getting much done - quilting, sewing, cleaning and I don't think I spent any time in the yard this past summer! I love all the friendliness of everybody and the joking and teasing too. I think it's great that so many people from so many different places can come together like this. Y'all have been true inspirations for me!

quiltingdragon 10-22-2013 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6352473)
Just in case my SS person is reading this and will answer, I have a question for her.

Do you prefer tea or coffee? :)

For whoever has me, I love flavored hot tea, but have to be careful (esp at my favorite place, teavana) as many blends have dried strawbery or peach, which I am allergic to. I also love cocoa.