Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Neesie 10-25-2013 06:34 AM

WooooHoooo!!!! All these new posts have appeared overnight/this morning, just like presents under a Christmas tree! :)

When I was a young teen, my BFF moved up North and mailed some snow back down South, to me. 'Nuff said! :D

I'll have to pass on the red wine (prefer white) but will gladly help 'take care of' any dark chocolate or other assorted goodies. :thumbup:

Neesie 10-25-2013 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6367020)
Gerrout of my stash you sneaks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]443056[/ATTACH]

I've been trying to catch up, but been sooo busy. I've spent a lot of time on my computer this week, but not so much on the board. I've been stalking ticket websites for ....................... Dolly Parton tickets! :o She's coming to my town :):):) next June. Managed to get 2, but trying to get another 2 for my sister :D.

Dolly Parton tickets?!? LUCKY you!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: Yep, I'm another big fan of hers! :)

sewnsewer2 10-25-2013 06:36 AM

Hey Neesie, did you get wet opening it LOL.

Neesie 10-25-2013 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 6367459)
Well the Secret Santa is living up to its usual reputation and lots of fun. I have not posted much as been traveling and without a computer. I have several weeks of posts to catch up on. I hope my SS feels like I gave enough information. I am really not picky and also enjoy each year how I get something I just love.

I just took a workshop with Christine Barnes on color and so now know I really need more lights and darks as almost all the fabric I brought to the workshop was medium. But learned that is ~90% of what manufacturers make because that is what we buy. I am going to try and catch up on the chatter this weekend. But that may be futile.

I'm glad my giftee did provide some more information, I can make something more personal and deletes something I that was on my list to get.

Most of my stash appears to be mediums and darks. I thought I had more lights, until I started trying to match up darks, mediums, and lights together, for a D9P. When I stood back and squinted my eyes, most of my 'lights' pretty much blended into the mediums . . . and some of my 'mediums' blended into the darks. :rolleyes:

Neesie 10-25-2013 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 6367500)
Hey Neesie, did you get wet opening it LOL.

No, she had put the snow into a ziploc bag (way before the double zip) and by the time the letter arrived, the plastic bag was empty. The letter was a bit smeared and wrinkled, but dry. I know I shouldn't laugh . . . but can't help wondering what her postman thought, when he later emptied his mailbag and found a bunch of wet mail! :D

dotcomdtcm 10-25-2013 07:24 AM

To my SSP:
You will probably have your box today or tomorrow.
Unless you avoid reading the postmark, you will know it is from me.
So let me add to the suspense. I read every thread and found a lot of clues.
So you will be surprised to see what I selected. Ho, ho, ho!

Neesie 10-25-2013 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6367618)
To my SSP:
You will probably have your box today or tomorrow.
Unless you avoid reading the postmark, you will know it is from me.
So let me add to the suspense. I read every thread and found a lot of clues.
So you will be surprised to see what I selected. Ho, ho, ho!

Ummmmm, should your SSP be worried? :D

dotcomdtcm 10-25-2013 07:30 AM

No, I am not naughty, I am nice!!

Neesie 10-25-2013 07:32 AM

I've finished my tea, so time for me to get up and get something accomplished.

Clue for my SSee - You may be wearing long sleeves, today. :)

Neesie 10-25-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 6367633)
No, I am not naughty, I am nice!!

That's what we all say! :D :D :D