Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

grann of 6 09-20-2013 06:41 AM

Tough year here too, need lots and lots of silliness.

dreamer2009 09-20-2013 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 (Post 6304514)
Tough year here too, need lots and lots of silliness.

LOL~~~Trix are for kids...NOT !!!!!!
ROFLMBO !!!

sunrise450 09-20-2013 07:16 AM

You guys are so funny, you really brighten my morning. The bottle tree looks great. And thank you for the recipe for the candy. I am giving it to my daughter to make, she likes to make something new (to us) for the holidays.

paintmejudy 09-20-2013 07:17 AM

I just sent in my info. This is my first Secret Santa, this should be fun!

dreamer2009 09-20-2013 07:36 AM

[h=2]Christmas Cookies[/h]

http://frontiergirls.files.wordpress...pg?w=300&h=300Mmmm! The smell of fresh baked cookies is in the air. Is there anything better than Christmas cookie time? Over the last few weeks, friends have been making sugar cookies, rum balls, chocolate fudge, snicker doodles, persimmon spice cookies…the list goes on. There is something about Christmas that pulls all of the bakers of the country out of the woodwork. Even my youngest daughter took on the challenge this year and learned how to bake.
Kristine is 10, and started with simple chocolate chip cookies. Once she had that mastered, I was apparently no longer needed in the kitchen. She now pours over recipe books until she finds something interesting and “tweeks” it to make it her own. I am not allowed to help at all. Last week she found a chocolate cookie recipe that she adapted by adding crushed candy canes instead of white chocolate. The cookies turned out soft and cake like with just a hint of peppemint. While Kristine was disappointed in the outcome (she likes crunchy cookies), I ate half the plate.
It never ceases to amaze me how capable our children are if we simply give them the room to learn and grow. The goal of Frontier Girls is to foster that independence and give the girls a place to expand their interests. By 10 years old, kids are capable of doing just about anything an adult is, if they are given the time to practice and learn. The deal I have with my daughter is that she is welcome to bake as long as she cleans up after herself. It is wonderful to finish up a long day and have fresh baked cookies on the counter and a clean kitchen!
If you are looking for a quick, fun, last minute cookie project to do with your kids, try making reindeer cookies. No cooking required!
Reindeer Cookies
You will need:
  • 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
  • 1 tube of white frosting
  • brown M&Ms
  • red M&Ms
  • small pretzels (the twisted type, not the sticks)
  • wax paper.
Lay out your cookies on the wax paper leaving enough room to add antlers (the pretzels) on top. Use the frosting to attach a pretzel to the top of the cookie. Do the same with two brown M&Ms attached to the front of your cookie for eyes, and a red M&M for a nose, and you have a quick and easy reindeer cookie!

Neesie 09-20-2013 07:45 AM

Oh, I love the scent of cookies baking, on a chilly day! Several years ago, my daughter and I spent a few days creating new biscotti recipes. I need to pull out some of those and bake them, again. Yummmmmm!

rwquilts 09-20-2013 09:28 AM

Dreamer...love the nutter butter cookie ideas!

dreamer2009 09-20-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 6304776)
Dreamer...love the nutter butter cookie ideas!

:p;):D;)....................they are kinda cute.

blondeslave 09-20-2013 11:24 AM

I don't know what made me look for this thread today but I was certain I was too late to sign up. Couldn't believe it when I saw I was in time for this year's SS. Just finished catching up on reading. This year has not been kind so far so I'm looking forward to some fun.

Cheesehead 09-20-2013 12:07 PM

Those reindeer cookies are sooo cute, they will be definately included on my cookie platter this year!

Jan