Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/new-update-11-20-secret-santa-2013-opening-day-december-8-%40-4pm-est-t230050.html)

Neesie 09-21-2013 05:57 AM

I'm a newbie to the Secret Santa Swap, so I'm staying well away from that hole . . . at least until I know what's in it.

dreamer2009 09-21-2013 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6305970)
I'm a newbie to the Secret Santa Swap, so I'm staying well away from that hole . . . at least until I know what's in it.

F*U*N..........................................:p

sunrise450 09-21-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6304614)
Oh, I love the scent of cookies baking, on a chilly day! Several years ago, my daughter and I spent a few days creating new biscotti recipes. I need to pull out some of those and bake them, again. Yummmmmm!

Thanks for mentioning the biscotti! I'll make some this Christmas season or why wait till then! They sound so good and it has been so long since we have had any. Yummy

m-fay 09-21-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6305970)

A lot of happy people

Neesie 09-21-2013 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6306010)
F*U*N..........................................:p

Hmmmmm. In a previous post, Sharon wrote -

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 6305580)
and for all you newbies pppppsssshhhhhttttt word of warning stay away from Dreamer...... she will get you into trouble before you realize what she is up to ;) She will offer you bribes, make all kinds of promises and next thing you know - down the hole you go :shock: LOL

Heeding Sharon's advice, I deduce that if I'm gonna join the fun folks, in the hole . . . I should first wait for the offer of bribes and promises.
:thumbup:

Fellow SSSNewbies, who's with me? I say we hold out for the best bribes and promises, we can get! May as well go in style, if we're gonna fall anyway! :)

Tothill 09-21-2013 08:38 AM

Thank you for the recipe. I will try this for dh and the kids.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 6302690)
1 cup light Karo syrup 1 TBS vinegar
1 cup sugar 1 TBS baking soda
1 TBS vanilla 1 1/2 lbs bulk milk chocolate

In a saucepan, mix the syrup, sugar, vanilla and vinegar. bring this mixture to 300 degrees on a candy thermometer. (It is nt necessary to constantly stir the mixture while boiling to desired temperature) When the mixture reaches 300, stir in the baking soda, just until dissolved. Adding the baking soda will cause the mixture to double in size. Pour the mixture into a buttered 9x9" pan. DO NOT SCRAPE THE SIDE OF THE SAUCEPAN AND DON'T SPREAD THE MIXTURER AROUND IN THE PAN. Let cool. Loosen mixture from pan and cut into bite size pieces. The pieces will break apart into different shapes and sizes, this is just fine. Melt the chocolate for dipping. Dip pieces of candy in chocolate and let set on waxed paper. When set, store in an airtight container.

This is the recipe for the fairy food, angel food candy, sponge candy.

Jan

Leota 09-21-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6305918)
that's right Shhhhaaaarrroooonnnnnn
we have a slide to get in the hole.
tons of fun...

and it's not just a straight down slide.... it has bumps and curves :D wheeeeee

Leota 09-21-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6306152)

Hmmmmm. In a previous post, Sharon wrote -

Heeding Sharon's advice, I deduce that if I'm gonna join the fun folks, in the hole . . . I should first wait for the offer of bribes and promises.
:thumbup:

Fellow SSSNewbies, who's with me? I say we hold out for the best bribes and promises, we can get! May as well go in style, if we're gonna fall anyway! :)

Neese.... we have the bestest of fun and the yummiest food (none of it calorie laden either :D) Even our fearless leader gets in trouble ... every year... we have special corner for her .... don't we sharon :D

Pat625 09-21-2013 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 (Post 6303652)
I certainly do.
a bad year for me and it needs to turn around.
this thread always makes me happy.
silliness is a good thing.

We all could use some silly. I have had worsening health conditions this year. and a month ago, I ended up with 6 grandchildren dropped off by Childrens Services. They are driving me crazy, wearing me down physically, but I love them to death. As you can imagine little quilting is getting done, since the range from 10 to 6 months. I had to cancel the lung transplant I was on a list for because I don't have 4 weeks to be away from home. Prayers gratefully accepted!! and tons of fun and giggles too.

Leota 09-21-2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 6306460)
We all could use some silly. I have had worsening health conditions this year. and a month ago, I ended up with 6 grandchildren dropped off by Childrens Services. They are driving me crazy, wearing me down physically, but I love them to death. As you can imagine little quilting is getting done, since the range from 10 to 6 months. I had to cancel the lung transplant I was on a list for because I don't have 4 weeks to be away from home. Prayers gratefully accepted!! and tons of fun and giggles too.

PAT you need to take care of YOU... You need the lung transplant to take care of the grandchildren....
Praying for you...