Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-2013-pincushion-needlecase-secret-swap-t233213.html)

lawsonmugs 11-13-2013 02:14 PM

I've made a few cupcake ones. they didn't look as nice as dotty's. This was sure a fun swap. Thanks to all of you for the entertainment and fun.

lynnie 11-13-2013 02:20 PM

Dotty's cupcakes look so good coz she uses the good cupcake holders. quality products, quality pincushions.
Mary, it was a lot of fun, wasn't it. I love these little swaps, you can get a lot done in a little time, and make new friends while doing it. when I tried to make a cupcake, it didn't come out to good, so dotty made me one. she also made me a donut. that's how I first met her, years ago, and now we meet up during the year. it's always fun.
I met Barri at the quilt show I went to with dotty this weekend. it was great to finally meet someone you talk to on the board. I hope we get a lot of members for the next month. oh...did you hear, there might be a postcard swap. what fun!!!

mdall 11-13-2013 04:13 PM

Working on my extras now. Sorry to my partner I didnt mail Tuesday as planned. The weather here has been the pits. Going into town tomorrow to mail.

JuneBillie 11-14-2013 01:09 PM

I went to the post office today, and received a beautiful big pincushion, and a little pincushion all wrapped in snowflake fabric from my special swap partner, StephT or Stephanie. Thank you StephT for such a beautiful pincushion, and all the other goodies too.

It really made my day today, because I was going to send off my pincushion after a trip for a Dr.'s appointment. Well, that didn't happen, because we got in the car to find out it was dead. Dad jumped us off, and we had just got a new battery. Well it gets some new parts put in tomorrow by the mechanic. So my pincushion will go out tomorrow afternoon.

StepT made my day with this surprise. I will post a pic later today after I get some rest from this mornings events. lol....

StephT 11-14-2013 03:13 PM

June I am glad you like them. I can't believe they arrived so fast..that was great.

lynnie 11-14-2013 05:03 PM

june, show us what you got, or at least describe it, please

JuneBillie 11-14-2013 07:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am a bit late getting my pics up. Here is my beautiful pincushion, and other goodies. I love them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446917[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]446918[/ATTACH]
The snow flake fabric will make something nice to enjoy all winter long. I am happy you were my swap partner StephT

lynnie 11-14-2013 07:34 PM

nice stuff. love that fabric. i'm thinking of making a crazy quilt pillow out of blues and denim and a bunch of lace. show us what you make

JuneBillie 11-14-2013 07:46 PM

Lynnie I did something you talked about. I bought this storage plastic tupperware type box, but it was like just a dollar to put my pincushion etc. in. I hope I didn't get one too big though. I haven't tried it yet, but anyway I hope to do that from now on. They can so easily be used in the sewing room or anywhere.

lynnie 11-14-2013 08:05 PM

and you get to have something afterward. and the pc or whatever you're sending in a weird shape, arrives in one pc. it's terrible to do so much work and it doesn't whole. I like the idea, and the dollar store has just about every size.