Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

quiltnut4ever 11-11-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 4666489)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286258[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]286259[/ATTACH] I took these pictures 2 nights ago. The sky was dark and the sun was going down it made everything have a orangish glow. I thought it was so pretty. I hope you enjoy them. I know here she goes again.lol. Mary

Mary that is just beautiful! I thought I was looking at a postcard! Wow!

fayzer 11-11-2011 02:33 PM

Ooh, Charles likes candy AND blue! Great package Charles!

fayzer 11-11-2011 02:35 PM

Secret pal, your package will be there next week. Here is your next hint. Where you live is famous for potatoes.

arizonagirl 11-11-2011 03:28 PM

Ok I've been working on the quilt for my son and just before I sew on the final side of the 3rd border I start thinking about how wavy the borders are becoming and what needs to be done to fix it. Search the web and realize this isnt good and that I have to take all the borders off. So don't do anything for a week. Last night started taking all the borders off and finished this afternoon. I realized that I missed a step in the pattern instructions about stay stitching around the quilt top before putting the borders on. So I will do that and then put the borders back on. I'm hoping that by missing that step that is what was causing the wavy borders. I didn't prewash any of the fabric and I need to press the border strips again. I'm worried about using starch again as it might shrink. I pressed and starched before cutting in the beginning. Should I risk it or just press as best as I can for now and then press and starch everything after the borders are on?

lawsonmugs 11-11-2011 03:31 PM

Wonda Lou you did it girlfriend. And the swap from Charles is so terrific. I love the blue fabrics.Quiltnut That was the view from 2 of my porches.It was almost unreal.That's why I posted the pictues to show.I really thought it was extra beautiful.I used to buy puzzles that looked like that.

lawsonmugs 11-11-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4667559)
Ok I've been working on the quilt for my son and just before I sew on the final side of the 3rd border I start thinking about how wavy the borders are becoming and what needs to be done to fix it. Search the web and realize this isnt good and that I have to take all the borders off. So don't do anything for a week. Last night started taking all the borders off and finished this afternoon. I realized that I missed a step in the pattern instructions about stay stitching around the quilt top before putting the borders on. So I will do that and then put the borders back on. I'm hoping that by missing that step that is what was causing the wavy borders. I didn't prewash any of the fabric and I need to press the border strips again. I'm worried about using starch again as it might shrink. I pressed and starched before cutting in the beginning. Should I risk it or just press as best as I can for now and then press and starch everything after the borders are on?

Oh poor Robyn!! I hate to have to rip out anything. 3 sides of a quilt is alot.I can't help you but I bet someone on here can. Mary

arizonagirl 11-11-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 4667579)
Oh poor Robyn!! I hate to have to rip out anything. 3 sides of a quilt is alot.I can't help you but I bet someone on here can. Mary

Worse than 3 sides. 2 complete borders and 3 sides of the 3rd border all had to come off.

dyer804 11-11-2011 04:20 PM

I just checked the delivery confirmation number and my SP should have her package delivered tomorrow! That is great as it will be there when she picks up her mail on Tuesday.

Vicki W 11-11-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 4663705)
would that be a Northernly West direction?? :o

Sorry, It is not coming to the state of Wyoming

lawsonmugs 11-11-2011 04:46 PM

Oh No. Robyn that's terrible.