Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

Ladybug 1938 11-21-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4706630)
does anyone here own this block book? if so, did you find it helpful? it includes plenty of blocks but does not include the instructions on how to make them which is fine with me. it shows you how to grid the blocks so that you can make them any size you want. and if you really need the instructions, i am sure you can find that particular block with directions online somewhere else.

i just got it from amazon [ATTACH=CONFIG]289908[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]289910[/ATTACH]and find it a good resource.

Yes I have this book and have had it for a few years, comes in handy every once in awhile.... don't like the fancy blocks though...

Havplenty 11-21-2011 07:03 PM

i still waiting also. i can bring some eggnog with a shot of brandy to keep us nice and warm.

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 4707209)
oohhh bailey's --- I would love some in my hot cocoa!!!! That is if we are both still on the bench after thanksgiving.......

TOOMANYUFO'S 11-21-2011 07:56 PM

I too am still waiting, but I'll have my eggnog and hot chocolate without the extra add ins. I'll check post office tomorrow maybe my pkg will be there.

Juli 11-21-2011 10:41 PM

She lives about 20 minutes from me.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne (Post 4703970)
Juli - Congratulations on your gorgeous new niece. I hope she lives close enough that you get to see her often.

wanda lou 11-21-2011 10:46 PM

Wow it took me a while to catch up, Hope everyone is doing good.

Juli 11-21-2011 11:09 PM

This actually went right to her house, so they left a notice at her house for her that she had a package that they tried to deliver to her, but now she has to come to the post office to get it and she has 15 days to do it, or its getting sent back to me after 15 days.

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4700670)
my post office has never returned any packages i received that i know of. i know it can take a day or two for packages (or notices) to get it to my p.o. box after they come in to the post office. i know i do not go to my p.o. box everyday to pick up my mail and others with p.o. boxes may not go every day also. i would say just relax and give your sp some time to pick up their mail.

btw... is it me????:p

LindaC 11-22-2011 03:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the goodies I received in my sp package from Fayzer.
a beautiful ruched bag (there's a fight between two dd's and me over this one), threads, needles, rotary cutter blade, the cutest sewing machine buttons, pack of tissues, georgous fabrics (in my fav colour) a little finger light, fabric marker, coffee sachets, a thimble, cream, lipstick, makeup brush and a purple thang (I've heard so much about this but never actually seen one) and a beautiful card.
Thank you so much Fayzer (Faye).
:D

Tussymussy 11-22-2011 03:26 AM

I'm not too sure Mary. I am trying to build a website for my new business and it is hard going. Also the last posting date for Christmas from here to the US is 5th December. That is a lot of pressure when you don't know what your swap partner's likes and dislikes are. As you know, I love to make things for my SP and in the colours that they prefer too. Perhaps Christmas decorations could be a good alternative though! I still have a while to make some prototypes before the sign up date looms. So you never know. I love your kitchen, by the way. I have made some large chickens too as door stops also.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 4706639)
That's so pretty Sue.Are you going to play with us next month?I think Candi is suppose to be back too next month.Mary

catpawski 11-22-2011 04:15 AM

Question.............will there be a swap next month?????????????

Ladybug 1938 11-22-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by catpawski (Post 4708643)
Question.............will there be a swap next month?????????????

Yes when is the next swap, inquiring minds want to know.... LOL