Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-secret-pal-sign-up-closed-t162544.html)

arizonagirl 10-31-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie

Originally Posted by reeskylr
I was going to take a nap, then I got to sewing and had to finish this before I did so. Otherwise, I'd be laying there thinking about it instead. :mrgreen:

Anyway, this is the Abbey bag made I got from connecting threads and used with their fabric. Except for the pincushion, I had some Moda 5" squares. This was actually a lot of fun and they are right, you can't make just one. I don't like the gluing of everything, so I'm going to be stitching it down, right now it is just held together with heat bond for hems. I also picked up some crushed walnut shells from PetCo for the cushion. I really like that for making it heavy and staying in place.

No doubt a future SekRet Pal toy to play with :wink:

Absolutely LOVE your Abbey Bag! Beautiful fabrics, too!

I love it too. Put me down for one.

Patty Patches 10-31-2011 06:06 PM

Hope I got signed up in time,my computer didn;t want to coperiate .It decided not to let me copy and paste.Guess I;ll wait and see

Jennalyn 10-31-2011 06:06 PM

I'm delighted to have my swap partner now! And she's overseas! This will be my first package crossing the pond. :D

Lori Peercy 10-31-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
Hope I got signed up in time,my computer didn;t want to coperiate .It decided not to let me copy and paste.Guess I;ll wait and see

Patty you are in the swap. I am on the ns, gotta go.......

Crafty Darlene 10-31-2011 06:40 PM

Just got my sp name! So excited I've already got some things ready to go! Can't wait to go shopping and start sewing! Thanks Lori!

Moedeenie 10-31-2011 06:53 PM

Thanks Lori! I rec'd my November SP, too...and s/he is working on a project that I hope to start soon!

koko 10-31-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
I was going to take a nap, then I got to sewing and had to finish this before I did so. Otherwise, I'd be laying there thinking about it instead. :mrgreen:

Anyway, this is the Abbey bag made I got from connecting threads and used with their fabric. Except for the pincushion, I had some Moda 5" squares. This was actually a lot of fun and they are right, you can't make just one. I don't like the gluing of everything, so I'm going to be stitching it down, right now it is just held together with heat bond for hems. I also picked up some crushed walnut shells from PetCo for the cushion. I really like that for making it heavy and staying in place.

No doubt a future SekRet Pal toy to play with :wink:

That is just too darn cute!!

CloverPatch 10-31-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
Thanks Lori! I rec'd my November SP, too...and s/he is working on a project that I hope to start soon!

hmmmm, well that rules me out. I don't have any projects going. 8-)

skaduzy 10-31-2011 07:04 PM

Just got mine and she is a fairly new quilter and likes fabric. Can't wait to get this package together!

arizonagirl 10-31-2011 07:20 PM

Here's a clue for my SP. This is her first swap. I'm hoping that she follows this tread and can play along with us. I will keep watching for her. I may have to have someone send her a message about the tread in case she doesn't know about it. I'll wait a bit first.