Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-swap-closes-september-30th-closed-t155071.html)

Moedeenie 10-05-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Krystana,
Most blocks are 12.5" unfisnihed and finish at 12". So if I am understanding correctly, we are using a 12.5" block pattern and then sandwich it with a a backing that is 14.5" inches and quilt it. Right?

I interpreted the size as a 12" square, quilted block on a 14" backing (1" extended backing on all sides), with a green backing, signed on the back and mailed to Lori to be sewn together.

Any size will work, as long as we all make the same size block.

Krystyna 10-05-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie

Krystana,
Most blocks are 12.5" unfisnihed and finish at 12". So if I am understanding correctly, we are using a 12.5" block pattern and then sandwich it with a a backing that is 14.5" inches and quilt it. Right?

I interpreted the size as a 12" square, quilted block on a 14" backing (1" extended backing on all sides), with a green backing, signed on the back and mailed to Lori to be sewn together.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

lawsonmugs 10-05-2011 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
Oh I am so bummed. I could not be in any more of the swaps, this year :( whine whine, cry cry

I am having total right foot reconstructive surgery middle of this month and will be NON weight bearing for 3-thats right THREE months!!!! UGH.... I will have to use a wheel chair to get around in b/c i cant use crutches due to shoulder issues. (Hubby says Im falling apart)

Just had to whine.. I hate to miss being a part of the SS Swaps as I had so much fun this year swapping with you gals, but I'll just have to sit and read and see what you all are getting in the mail.

I will be happy for you all!!! :)

Thanks for letting me 'cry' on your shoulders! LOL

Poor baby.Hope you get back on your feet soon.You will be missed.You have been kind of quiet lately but I know you have been in on this swap a long while.mary

TiltedEars 10-05-2011 06:24 AM

Yahoo! We have a unified size & backing theme! I think it's all very clear now. It will be really fun to see how this turns out.

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-05-2011 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
Yahoo! We have a unified size & backing theme! I think it's all very clear now. It will be really fun to see how this turns out.

:shock: :? :shock: :?

I am soooo confused! Green backing, 14inches square, batting and block 12 inches square, correct? or no?!

lawsonmugs 10-05-2011 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

Originally Posted by Moedeenie

Krystana,

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This was funny to watch come together. I was going to play with this but thought it would really add to everyones confussion.It sounded like the old abbot and costello routine,"Who's on first"? Mary

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-05-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting

I am soooo confused! Green backing, 14inches square, batting and block 12 inches square, correct? or no?!

I am assuming the same thing. After reading all posts and watching the tutorial, that is what I think Krystyna is saying, please verify so we all get it correct.

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-05-2011 06:55 AM

We should set a date as to when the blocks need to be completed and mailed to Lori. I am a procrastinator, so a deadline helps.

kimscruzer 10-05-2011 06:59 AM

Anyone know of any quilt shops in Myrtle Beach ? I'm on vacation and would love to find something for my Secret Pal. ; )

Krystyna 10-05-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting

Yup! :thumbup: :thumbup: