Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/october-secret-pal-swap-closes-september-30th-closed-t155071.html)

Krystyna 10-05-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
We should set a date as to when the blocks need to be completed and mailed to Lori. I am a procrastinator, so a deadline helps.

Tomorrow! :shock:

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-05-2011 07:02 AM

What about signing the back. If someone uses a dk green a pigma pen won't show up. Should we all make a small label (the same size) and attach in the same place on the back of each square. How are we going to do this? All use a lighter green or make a label?

IrelandDragonQuilting 10-05-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Anyone know of any quilt shops in Myrtle Beach ? I'm on vacation and would love to find something for my Secret Pal. ; )

QUILTING IN THE CAROLINAS
3246 Waccamaw Blvd, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
(843) 742-5854

Accent sewing
4410 Highway 17 Bypass South, Murrells Inlet
(843) 357-3228

I just googled it, 'quilt shops in myrtle beach'

lawsonmugs 10-05-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

We should set a date as to when the blocks need to be completed and mailed to Lori. I am a procrastinator, so a deadline helps.

Funny. :lol: :thumbup:

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-05-2011 07:09 AM

Boy are you tough! I am going to be out of town to a guild workshop and won't be home until about 10:00 tonight. Some people are like drill sargeants. I think you could extend it to at least Friday. I want to embroider also. Give us time to make good looking blocks. Your the boss, I'll do what you say.

Krystyna 10-05-2011 07:09 AM

What about signing the back. If someone uses a dk green a pigma pen won't show up. Should we all make a small label (the same size) and attach in the same place on the back of each square. How are we going to do this? All use a lighter green or make a label?

Whatever you like.

lawsonmugs 10-05-2011 07:11 AM

Please please Do Not make her the boss!!! lol Mary

lawsonmugs 10-05-2011 07:14 AM

I feel like there is enough rules to this already as it is a quick gift.Some differences I feel will be nice and just add to the quilt. Not make it look so uniform like a store bought item.The simpler the better.just like me.LOL Mary

koko 10-05-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs

Funny. :lol: :thumbup:

Krystyana - only yours is due tomorrow

TiltedEars 10-05-2011 07:27 AM

That's how I understand it.

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
Yahoo! We have a unified size & backing theme! I think it's all very clear now. It will be really fun to see how this turns out.

:shock: :? :shock: :?

I am soooo confused! Green backing, 14inches square, batting and block 12 inches square, correct? or no?!