Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "Once Upon a Time In My Garden" PP Block Swap with a "Twist" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/once-upon-time-my-garden-pp-block-swap-twist-t187867.html)

rwquilts 05-16-2012 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=Fraew;5220969]You said it! A little time, patience, trial and error. Know when to say when, put it away and come back to it refreshed and renewed. :)
QUOTE]

Well said!

craft phanatic 05-16-2012 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Croquet anyone?

Fraew 05-16-2012 07:08 PM

Yes croquet!

You all are so much fun. I may need to make more blocks! Uh oh.

SewExtremeSeams 05-16-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic (Post 5222178)
Croquet anyone?

Croquet is perfect! Great idea...

Annaquilts 05-16-2012 09:52 PM

Now how cute is that? Very original.

Originally Posted by craft phanatic (Post 5222178)
Croquet anyone?

Pattia 05-17-2012 03:56 AM

Cute.
I too cannot find what I am looking for. I just don't want to pick the same thing as everyone else (was maybe doing a butterfly or flower). I guess it will be ok if there are lots in the swap that can exchange.
Question? do all the backgrounds have to be white?

SunlitenSmiles 05-17-2012 04:23 AM

oh, think it is very light not only white, at least hope so, the background fabric I selected (for birdhouses) is very pale blue with white puffy clouds. Will wait now to find out if that is ok, so glad you asked, Pattia.

rwquilts 05-17-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pattia (Post 5222831)
Cute.
I too cannot find what I am looking for. I just don't want to pick the same thing as everyone else (was maybe doing a butterfly or flower). I guess it will be ok if there are lots in the swap that can exchange.
Question? do all the backgrounds have to be white?

No Pattia...all background don't have to be white...just daylight colors...could be white, cream, light yellow, light green, light blue, light pink...etc, I have one posted a few pages back that has a light blue background. Even though many patterns may be similar, that's perfectly fine! In real life, how many different flowers are there? Or birds? Or insects, etc? They'll all be somewhat different...this is how I decide what to do...what would I love in my own garden quilt? IN the last PP swap we had a lot of kitties, and I thought it was fantastic...each one very different, and yet they all went together. Do whatever you want to do! And post pictures so we can cheer you on! :)

rwquilts 05-17-2012 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Croquet is a favorite family outdoor game Craft!

Here is my fruit block...apples and watermellon. What do you think? Too much? The color isn't quite a bright in person as it shows up in the picture, but it is bright. On the others I will use a darker green I think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335940[/ATTACH]

Fraew 05-17-2012 08:49 AM

@ Ronda: :thumbup: as is. Fantastic work.