Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ornament Swap 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ornament-swap-2017-a-t290524.html)

sewbizgirl 10-23-2017 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 7928537)
I am going to post as soon as I add 1 more thing. Being mean, coz she'll just have to look at it on the shelf for the longest time.

I think our rules in post#1 say not to mail before Nov. 1....

RedGarnet222 10-24-2017 09:21 AM

I think it says that mail on or before a date in november sewbizgirl. Lots of us enjoy mailing early, right girls? It is gone and done what can be better than that? I get too nervous to wait. Once I make a commitment, I like to go ahead and follow through. This wasn't me though.

But, honestly, I would rather send early than to be late and holding up the group.

SuziSew 10-24-2017 09:36 AM

Such a fun and interesting contest! Sending you a PM with my answers!

sewbizgirl 10-24-2017 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7930912)
I think it says that mail on or before a date in november sewbizgirl. Lots of us enjoy mailing early, right girls? It is gone and done what can be better than that? I get too nervous to wait. Once I make a commitment, I like to go ahead and follow through. This wasn't me though.

But, honestly, I would rather send early than to be late and holding up the group.

This is what it says under rule #5 (cut and pasted from post #1):

Then the ornament mail out begins any time after the first of November; but remember the deadline is November 18[SUP]th[/SUP] for all US mailing and November 10[SUP]th[/SUP] for all international.

You can choose to ignore the rules, but that's what they say. Early mailing begins Nov. 1.

NZquilter 10-24-2017 11:24 AM

Mine already arrived, but I'm waiting for November 1st to mail out, too. That gives me more time to maybe make an extra ornament and I don't need to rush:)

roseirish48 10-24-2017 01:03 PM

ornament finished--extra goodies bought-package ready to go. some one far far away will be happy to know it is ready to be mailed.

Bullock2us 10-24-2017 04:08 PM

Wow- some of you are so quick. I just barely decided what I am going to do and got the stuff for it. It is going to be alot of fun. Need to do the research for that quiz- I don't know any of those answers. I think it will be fun-I can figure them out with my son. It is such a great idea!

cuppy 10-24-2017 04:56 PM

I will be making a bird ornament this week end, hopefully it is successful, and that is what my pal will receive.

Betty J 10-25-2017 02:37 AM

I too have began making the ornaments for my swap. I am obliging my partners request, so I am a little out of my comfort zone but that makes it all the more interesting. Hand stitching is the order of the day, and I do enjoy hand stitching.

CookyIN 10-25-2017 03:39 AM

cuppy, I love birds! Maybe it's for me...