Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ornament Swap 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ornament-swap-2017-a-t290524.html)

eyes 11-20-2017 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 7947795)
Love your story Rose!! I've been getting that from my son lately...I might just need to borrow your sister's idea! :D

I use that idea on my husband when I ask him what he would like to eat for dinner every now and then and his answer is, 'I don't care.' I respond by saying, 'I don't care if you eat or not so it's nothing.' I now get an answer.

CookyIN 11-20-2017 11:58 AM

The postman just brought a package from Ohio! Anticipation... wonder who sent it... thank you!!

CookyIN 11-20-2017 11:59 AM

Wait a minute... may have a clue... wonder if it's packaged in a panty shield box... LOL!!!

QuilterMomma 11-20-2017 01:42 PM

Oh bother, I am frantically working on another set of ornaments. I used the wrong stuff and have to do them all over again. So sorry partner, they will be out in the mail tomorrow and you should get it this week for sure. Oh so sorry. Mercy please.

hav4boys 11-20-2017 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 7947853)
Wait a minute... may have a clue... wonder if it's packaged in a panty shield box... LOL!!!

ROFL... sent mine in a panty shield box too.

Betty J 11-20-2017 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7947894)
ROFL... sent mine in a panty shield box too.

Wouldn't Christmas packaging be more appropriate, I see a lot of really nice Christmas boxes in all sizes and they are quite cheap. A panty shield box seems a very inappropriate packing to me, way too personal, but maybe I am too pedantic.

hav4boys 11-20-2017 02:32 PM

It was a perfect size box for protecting my ornament. NO one can see it as it went in a flat rate padded envelope. I am all about recycling and reusing what I have available. No disrespect is meant by it. I just thought is was funny someone else used one as well.

Originally Posted by Betty J (Post 7947922)
Wouldn't Christmas packaging be more appropriate, I see a lot of really nice Christmas boxes in all sizes and they are quite cheap. A panty shield box seems a very inappropriate packing to me, way too personal, but maybe I am too pedantic.

Betty J 11-20-2017 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7947928)
It was a perfect size box for protecting my ornament. NO one can see it as it went in a flat rate padded envelope. I am all about recycling and reusing what I have available. No disrespect is meant by it. I just thought is was funny someone else used one as well.

Sorry, maybe I am too staid but I can't see the funny side of it, recycling or not. Some thought for the person on the receiving end. I know I would feel offended if I received my ornament in that kind of packaging.

sewbizgirl 11-20-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Betty J (Post 7947938)
Sorry, maybe I am too staid but I can't see the funny side of it, recycling or not. Some thought for the person on the receiving end. I know I would feel offended if I received my ornament in that kind of packaging.

I would too, Betty. It would gross me out and offend me.

hav4boys 11-20-2017 04:45 PM

Last words on this... it is a box. It is clean and nothing foul or disgusting has been in the box. No difference than Kleenex. Hopefully my swap partner can appreciate all the work that went into crafting an ornament especially for them. It was the perfect size box for my ornament. Never meant to offend. Never crossed my mind that one would be offended. I have to little time in my life to get upset over something like that, but then ... to each their own.