Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Ornament Swap 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/ornament-swap-2017-a-t290524.html)

cuppy 11-20-2017 05:14 PM

I just hope my pal receives her ornament soon. I Mailed on Nov 2. International. Please Mr. Postman get the package to her as soon as possible. I have customs declaration receipt.

JuneBillie 11-20-2017 08:30 PM

I am not in this swap like I first planned, but that type of box would offend me too. It just sends a care less attitude for that special person on the receiving end. I wouldn't send one in a box like that even if requested by the person.

CookyIN 11-21-2017 12:46 AM

My goodness, what a can of worms I opened! Earlier in these threads a poster joked about her grandson accidentally opening a package that came in the mail for her -- and how his face turned red when he pulled a panty shield box out of the envelope. My ornament package came from her locale so I joked about wondering if it was packed in a panty shield box as a fun way of saying that it might have come from her.

I haven't opened the package yet but --- if by some chance it were to be packed in a panty shield box --- I would absolutely not be offended by that. I would never pass judgment on how a fellow swapper chooses to safely package the ornament she took the time to create for me.

Anoka Quilter 11-21-2017 07:24 AM

Everyone, I would like to see the discussion of the type of box used to packing the ornament end. Even though I do have my opinion, I do not feel it is right for discussions to make another person who is in the swap feel bad. Maybe next year I will have to put into the rules something about packaging. :)

Anoka Quilter 11-21-2017 07:27 AM

Sorry I have not announced our winners yet. I am planning on taking care of that this evening. We had house guests over the weekend for an early Thanksgiving and even though I did slip away to check what was happening on the board I did not take the time to draw the winners. Also, I did not have mail confirms from a couple of people who I know are good swappers and I did not want to exclude them from the contest if their package had been mailed.

So stay tuned....winners will be announced tonight.

QuilterMomma 11-21-2017 08:29 AM

I hope that box comes to my house, I would just crack up laughing because if I can't find anything else to pack it with, I would use the next best thing. As stated "I have to little time in my life to get upset over something like that, but then ... to each their own." Anyways, I am excited to say that my ornament is going out in the mail today. I was able to get it done with the correct stabilizer and they look wonderful. I am hoping my swap partner likes it as much as I do. Thank you for waiting the extra days. Life has been so hectic preparing for foot surgery tomorrow that I just grabbed the wrong stuff the first time around. i may put those on my tree, will see. May bother me to much that I will just toss them. It has been fun and I will be sure to check out the thread in the days coming while I am laying in bed on drugs.

SuziSew 11-21-2017 08:31 AM

Cooky, I thought that story was great as well, and I fall into the not offended group as well. It's just a box holding a wonderful gift.

Over the years I've used whatever box fit my needs, it wasn't unusual to have a cereal box, or popcorn box with a gift in it. I've had some confused looks when it's opened but it always gets a laugh. ;)

However, for the board swaps, I've started using the USPS priority boxes, free box and tracking for the package so there's less chance of it getting lost. It's been worth the few extra dollars to me. :thumbup:

sewbizgirl 11-21-2017 09:36 AM

I believe we have been asked to drop the subject of the unmentionables packaging box. Please stop.

RedGarnet222 11-21-2017 12:21 PM

A few years ago I made my sister a quilt and sent it in a overhead fan box. She just put it aside thinking I had sent her a fan. It wasn't until I talked to her two months later that she found out differently. She opened it then and was so surprised.
I remember an episode of Carol Duval years ago that recycled boxes by opening up a box, reversed it and re-taped to use as a mailer.
A story of late I have is a bright pink bubble pack mailer envelope that was sent to me went back and forth five times in the mail from a friend. The address label was just placed over the last to re-use. It was a good laugh. As a matter of fact, I think I just mailed it to someone else here on the board with a free pattern to cheer up her day.

eyes 11-21-2017 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 7948415)
Everyone, I would like to see the discussion of the type of box used to packing the ornament end. Even though I do have my opinion, I do not feel it is right for discussions to make another person who is in the swap feel bad. Maybe next year I will have to put into the rules something about packaging. :)

Thank you. No one has the right to make someone else feel badly because they are offended.