Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

krissr 12-02-2013 08:57 AM

YEAH! cant wait I have TON's of scraps.

zozee 12-02-2013 09:21 AM

What is the pattern?

Lynnie25 12-02-2013 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6434148)
Linnie that is an amazing quilt. What does the block look like and how do you make it? I can't believe you did all of that in four days at the fishing shack. Enjoying summer?

The blocks are 6" x 9" sectioned into 1" strips. I sewed all the neutral scraps to coloured scraps first, so it is a great way to use smaller coloured scraps with longer neutral strips and vice versa. Put them into piles based on colour, picked 9 different ones and sewed to the foundation base.

I actually sewed this quilt over a 10 day period over 2 trips to our shack. Just starting to get some lovely summery weather, sunny days and no wind - wonderful !

Lynnie25 12-02-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6434583)
Wow Lynn-that looks huge! Did you use one fabric for the neutrals or are they scrap fabrics, too?

neutrals are scraps too.

Annaquilts 12-02-2013 01:55 PM

Hmmm are you saying that one colored and one neutral strips are sewn end to end and then sewn onto a 6"x9" foundation like paper or fabric? Where all strips about 1 1/2" wide when you sewed them together?

Summer sounds wonderful. We do not get much winter weather here, 76 out side right now, but I still prefer summer.

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6435022)
The blocks are 6" x 9" sectioned into 1" strips. I sewed all the neutral scraps to coloured scraps first, so it is a great way to use smaller coloured scraps with longer neutral strips and vice versa. Put them into piles based on colour, picked 9 different ones and sewed to the foundation base.

I actually sewed this quilt over a 10 day period over 2 trips to our shack. Just starting to get some lovely summery weather, sunny days and no wind - wonderful !

wanabquilter 12-02-2013 04:29 PM

Lyn. I love your quilt. Reminds me of shelves of books.

Lynnie25 12-02-2013 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6435207)
Hmmm are you saying that one colored and one neutral strips are sewn end to end and then sewn onto a 6"x9" foundation like paper or fabric? Where all strips about 1 1/2" wide when you sewed them together?

Summer sounds wonderful. We do not get much winter weather here, 76 out side right now, but I still prefer summer.

That's exactly right. Strips were about 2" wide or thereabouts depending on scraps. I roughly sewed the strips so I would have different heights in each block. It was a real fun scrappy to do and I have a heap more scraps I could use, using light colours instead of neutrals.

Annaquilts 12-02-2013 07:08 PM

Lynnie it is definitely a quilt that has to go on my to do list. I own so many scraps and I really like the look and feel of this one. Like wanabquilter, I see a book case. It looks both like a fun and modern quilt. Any idea on how you plan to quilt it?

Celeste 12-02-2013 09:58 PM

Lynnie, it looks like a large bookcase! Love it.

JuneBillie 12-03-2013 12:44 AM

Such beautiful quilts.