Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Evie 04-10-2016 07:55 AM

Post #2079: OK, that is awesome -- and sooooooo small! Didn't use many scraps, did you? :D (Love the background doily. My mom made a lot of those crocheted doilies.)

Annaquilts 04-12-2016 05:50 PM

I am sewing some swap blocks together and using only fabric I have on hand. Maybe not scraps but at least the blocks are being used and fabric that is on hand.

Leann 04-13-2016 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 7521827)
I am sewing some swap blocks together and using only fabric I have on hand. Maybe not scraps but at least the blocks are being used and fabric that is on hand.

Me too Anna! I have packed away all my yardage stash, leaving only a dozen shoe boxes of different leftover and scraps. Now, if I could just schedule in a sewing afternoon.

Annaquilts 04-14-2016 10:22 PM

Ok I am off for a long weekend and am only taking some hand quilting. I am really looking forward to my break. See you all next week. Happy quilting!

oksewglad 04-15-2016 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 7519535)
Post #2079: OK, that is awesome -- and sooooooo small! Didn't use many scraps, did you? :D (Love the background doily. My mom made a lot of those crocheted doilies.)

Thanks Evie..I do know I won't attempt to bind that small of one again...even "birthing" one this small is hard...

jacie 04-16-2016 06:03 PM

I am setting scraps aside to start cutting for my next project..
I see from the pattern. I need 1000 squares so it will be a good pr object to keep me very busy when I get back to my home for the summer
I think I will make a complete square of each of the blocks needed, sort of like my trial blocks to see if I follow the directions well. REALLY APPRECIATE THIS SITE, THANK YOU RHONDA,
Jacie

Rhonda 04-16-2016 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by jacie (Post 7525344)
I am setting scraps aside to start cutting for my next project..
I see from the pattern. I need 1000 squares so it will be a good pr object to keep me very busy when I get back to my home for the summer
I think I will make a complete square of each of the blocks needed, sort of like my trial blocks to see if I follow the directions well. REALLY APPRECIATE THIS SITE, THANK YOU RHONDA,
Jacie

You're more than welcome Jacie. tho I actually started it 4 yrs ago. It was quiet for quite awhile so you should thank whoever asked to get this going active again.

I'm happy to see people posting again in this Scrap Club.

tkhooper 04-17-2016 03:23 AM

I have one of those tops that just is not coming together the way I planned. Since I haven't been quilting long and I'm working without a pattern that probably makes sense. I've decided to put my art blocks together like a pile of photos with made fabrics as the background. I have a bunch of scraps in the fabrics used for the art blocks because of miss cuts. There were a million of them. Or at least that is the way it seems to me. Wish me luck. This project needs to be done by June 3.

Leann 04-17-2016 06:35 AM

tkhooper, you can do it! Sometimes a new day brings a new perspective and definitely new energy.

tkhooper 04-18-2016 12:30 PM

Thanks Leann, I definitely need both.