Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilting Board's First Scrap Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilting-boards-first-scrap-club-t207686.html)

Foxflower 01-06-2013 05:05 PM

Are those made of two strips sewn together, cut right triangles and then reassemble in that pattern? They are really pretty.

Muse&Sew 01-06-2013 05:54 PM

Love your pattern Javin22! I'd love a tutorial or video! Very pretty.

Elisabrat 01-06-2013 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am participating ina weekly quilt along done by wyldwytch in the block of the month category. I am using all the little scraps left from Christmas that others have given to me. Less than 10 percent are my scraps. I wanted to show how easy they are to put into a simple Christmas quilt. I wanted to use wht I had and not buy a thing. Nothing I am going to use is bigger than a f/8 andmost are strips or squares that others gifted. Love it![ATTACH=CONFIG]386358[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]386358[/ATTACH]

jaba 01-06-2013 07:39 PM

Javin I like that pattern too! Got lots of that size strips already cut. Need that pattern also please.
"Brat" very nice blocks, great way to use them and you're going to have a beautiful Xmas quilt. I'll look and see if I have fabric I can send you so you can keep making these little beauties. PS.....if you get to many you can make one for me, I like the way you use those scraps.

javin22 01-06-2013 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;5767951]I am participating ina weekly quilt along done by wyldwytch in the block of the month category. I am using all the little scraps left from Christmas that others have given to me. Less than 10 percent are my scraps. I wanted to show how easy they are to put into a simple Christmas quilt. I wanted to use wht I had and not buy a thing. Nothing I am going to use is bigger than a f/8 andmost are strips or squares that others gifted. Love it!

Those are beautiful. I LOVE SCRAPPY!!

javin22 01-06-2013 09:44 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Here is a tutorial for the Night and Day block. It is 6 1/2", so cute and great for scraps or leftovers. I just hurried and did this so you could have instructions, so don't look to close at my work, my points are a mess.
You need a strip 1 1/4" by the width of fabric of 2 colors. Or if you have scraps you can cut those into 1 1/4 inch strips.
Sew 1/4" seam along the length press open.
Use triangle ruler to cut pieces as shown, you need 16, (8 of each direction)
lay pieces out as shown. You can put the dark in the middle or the light. ( I like to make two sets and do one of each)
I show how it looks both ways in pic.
Then just sew as shown in pics. Make sure to press seams as you go. I hope this is enough instructions for you to understand. Enjoy!

JLMiller 01-06-2013 10:37 PM

(Here is a tutorial for the Night and Day block. It is 6 1/2", so cute and great for scraps or leftovers. I just hurried and did this so you could have instructions, so don't look to close at my work, my points are a mess.
You need a strip 1 1/4" by the width of fabric of 2 colors. Or if you have scraps you can cut those into 1 1/4 inch strips.
Sew 1/4" seam along the length press open.
Use triangle ruler to cut pieces as shown, you need 16, (8 of each direction)
lay pieces out as shown. You can put the dark in the middle or the light. ( I like to make two sets and do one of each)
I show how it looks both ways in pic.
Then just sew as shown in pics. Make sure to press seams as you go. I hope this is enough instructions for you to understand. Enjoy! )

Thanks.. this is great.. I can see lots of these blocks getting made.. lol...

javin22 01-06-2013 10:52 PM

A correction for block- it makes one 6 1/2 block, not two as I posted in my first pic showing my different blocks that I have made. It has been several months since I made one and I forgot. I guess I thought it was two, because I always make two, one with the dark center and one with the light. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Elisabrat 01-07-2013 12:53 AM

great little tutorial thank you for taking the time to do that for everyone. Such a simple way tomake such a pretty block. definetely great for scraps. your quilt is going to be wonderful when your finished .. at 6 inches you have a lot of blocks ahead of you!
jaba: love the christmas scraps. Send em on! (grin we have two different ideas of what a scrap is this could be the scoreof the century!) um that would be lovely :)

rwquilts 01-07-2013 05:13 AM

Javin, your tute is great! Thanks so much!
Brat, your blocks are looking good! :)