Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/red-white-blue-swap-sign-up-closes-may-15-2010-a-t37409.html)

Deb watkins 03-12-2010 02:45 PM

My OCD got ahold of me. My blocks (two sets) were mailed yesterday. Will post blocks later.

BrendaB 03-12-2010 11:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm so excited. I finally figured out my blocks and I love them. I have never done anything this pretty before. I'm concerned, however, that my blue isn't what everyone is expecting. If I post a picture, can someone please give the a yea or nay?

BrendaB 03-12-2010 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
My OCD got ahold of me. My blocks (two sets) were mailed yesterday. Will post blocks later.

Can hardly wait to see your pictures, Deb.

I spent hours and hours just trying to figure out the pattern I should use, and since I am fairly new to the process, trying to find one I thought I could make. Oh, how I stressed before I finally figured it out. It should go faster now that I understand how my block goes together. I must be spacially dyslexic. All those little light and dark blocks on the pictures were making no sense to me. I only have the 2 done, so if there is an issue with my blue, please be sure and let me know ASAP so I can go out and get another cut of fabric. :-)

All the hours I spent stressing, do you think I could find the samples NorBanaquilt sent me? lol

Deb: I hope you won't wait too long to post your pictures. I'm really getting excited about this swap!

sew cornie 03-13-2010 12:25 AM

Brenda, those are lovely! Beautiful work! I can see that you might question the blue because it is a lighter shade, but it does have the darker blue tones in the print. I think that will make it blend with other blocks really well. I'd love to have one of yours . . . or both! :-D :-D

Oh Deb, you are really on top of things. Can't wait to see your pictures. I decided on my fabrics tonight, but it will be next month before I have time to make my blocks. Until then, I'll enjoy all the pretties that get posted here. LOL.

BrendaB 03-13-2010 12:40 AM

Thank you, Sew Cornie. Maybe I will go to the LQS later today just to see what they have. If I find something I think will work better, I will get it. I really like the colors, but since the blocks will be used with so many others, I really want it to work and not stand out like an oddball block. :-) Thank you for your opinion. That really helps. I'll keep checking to see what fabric everyone else comes up with too. You can post a picture of your fabrics unless you want them to be a surprise. :-)

NorBanaquilts 03-13-2010 02:28 AM

Brenda, I think your block looks great, I don't think it will be the oddball at all. However if you need some LQS therapy go for it, you could always do antother set.

Deb watkins 03-13-2010 10:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
These are the two blocks I did for the Red/White/Blue swap.

Cog's Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7181[/ATTACH]

Waterwheel Variation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7183[/ATTACH]

NorBanaquilts 03-13-2010 11:19 AM

Deb those look great! I just got my fabric and it's now in the washer.

Deb watkins 03-13-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Deb those look great! I just got my fabric and it's now in the washer.

They are really straight, not wavey as the pic shows~

Karen 03-13-2010 11:57 AM

I like those blocks Deb! They are really nice!

BrendaB yours are really nice too!