Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Red/White/Blue Swap - Sign up closes May 15, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/red-white-blue-swap-sign-up-closes-may-15-2010-a-t37409.html)

missgigglewings 03-22-2010 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok..Got my first 12 done. Its Woven Ribbons Pattern from Quilters Cache. I am going to do another set, but different R,W,& B fabric. I want a big quilt with these color!

memathomas 03-22-2010 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Originally Posted by memathomas
is there a list of quilters doing this swap i want to verify that im on the lists also the address to send them.
thanks
memathomas

I'm sorry, memathomas, I started to look for the link for you, and got sidetracked. Looks like it is okay after all. NorBannaQuilts will take good care of you. :-)

here is my red ,white and blue star original from jane addams 1891
out of stars across America for my swap

jane addams star 1891
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24027[/ATTACH]

BrendaB 03-22-2010 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Please sign me up for one set. I will make Spinner blocks! Thank you!

I bought some of the same fabric, the red/white stripes! lol I was thinking of the United States flag when I got it. I decided not to use it since we will be swapping internationally. I will do something else with it. I love the way you used it in your block. What a striking block. You got the stripes so perfect, too. :thumbup: I don't think I have seen that block before. Very nice.

Hopefully, if it goes international, they will enjoy the dots and the stripes! The blue is a royal blue tone.

I'm sure they will. When I bought my fabric, I was thinking US flag and 4th of July. I'm still pretty limited in the blocks I can make, so it may take me a while to decide how to use it. I was hoping to finish my blocks today but I ran into a problem. I don't understand how I made 8 blocks that matched up pretty well, and all of a sudden, there is one spot that I can't match no matter what I do. I tried not to get frustrated and picked out the stitches and sewed again, then picked out the stitches, and sewed again, then picked out the stitches... I even started over and the next block did the same thing. I'll try again tomorrow before work.

BrendaB 03-22-2010 11:12 PM

is there a list of quilters doing this swap i want to verify that im on the lists also the address to send them.
thanks
memathomas

I'm sorry, memathomas, I started to look for the link for you, and got sidetracked. Looks like it is okay after all. NorBannaQuilts will take good care of you. :-)

here is my red ,white and blue star original from jane addams 1891
out of stars across America for my swap

Very nice :thumbup: Someday I want to try a star. Yours looks really complicated. I'm not that good. I may never get past the 9-patch. lol

memathomas 03-23-2010 03:37 AM

jane addams star 1891

benndm 03-23-2010 08:41 AM

All of the blocks that have been posted so far look great.
I have my blocks finished and if I can figure out how to get the pics posted I will show them. Right now I have to go to work. I hate when work interferes with quilting!

BrendaB 03-23-2010 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by benndm
All of the blocks that have been posted so far look great.
I have my blocks finished and if I can figure out how to get the pics posted I will show them. Right now I have to go to work. I hate when work interferes with quilting!

ME TOO!!! Oh well, gotta make enough $ for more fabric. We have our priorities. lol

hoppyfrog 03-23-2010 12:37 PM

Brenda, If you learn to paper piece you'll love doing stars and other blocks with points. They come out perfect and sharp. That's the only way I'll do them now.

hoppyfrog 03-23-2010 12:38 PM

Sorry Brenda the message was for breendm

BrendaB 03-23-2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Sorry Brenda the message was for breendm

I've been thinking about paper piecing, but I tend to research things to death before I give them a try. :oops: I have seen some of the paper piecing members of the board have done and love them. I think I need to try very soon. :-)